Dtc P1676
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dtc P1676

Question DTC P1676

My 1999 EX just turned on the TCS and ABS lights. After driving for about a half a mile, the Brake light came on; and all three remain on.

My generic OBDII scanner shows a DTC P1676 in the OE Module. This number is proprietary to Honda and won't translate on my generic scanner.

Anyone have thoughts on what this is? Related question is can anyone point me in the direction of a list of the Honda proprietary DTC's and what they mean?
    Last edited by DUTCH; 11-17-2002 at 07:04 PM.
    "There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences."

-- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Dutch,

The Helm manual has a list of all the DTCs for the ABS/TCS, but none of them is four digits preceded by a letter. They are all 2 digit codes.

Making a wild, purely random guess that the first two digits from your OBDII are the actual code, DTC 16 is supposed to indicate a fault with the right rear wheel sensor. There is no DTC 67 or 76 for the ABS/TCS system.

I hope this helps.

STLODY
    SS 2002 LX

Originally posted by stlody
    Dutch,

The Helm manual has a list of all the DTCs for the ABS/TCS, but none of them is four digits preceded by a letter. They are all 2 digit codes.

Making a wild, purely random guess that the first two digits from your OBDII are the actual code, DTC 16 is supposed to indicate a fault with the right rear wheel sensor. There is no DTC 67 or 76 for the ABS/TCS system.

I hope this helps.

STLODY
    Thanks. All DTC's through OBDII are Pxxxx format. The P0xxx are generic and the P1xxx are proprietary to the vehicle or car manufacturer. I'll find out exactly what this one is and post it here when I find out.
    "There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences."

-- P.J. O'Rourke

P1676?

Hello I have a 2000 that just went through the same P1676 code. I was wondering if you were able to get this resolved and if anyone else put the knows what the code p1676 is please let me know. It reads as a Manufacture Control Auxliary In Auxliary Out. Please help!
    Thanks
    Terry

P1676 99-00 FPTDR signal line failure. Check connections between PCM and ABS/TCS control unit. If wires are good replace ABS/TCS Control unit. If it doesn't fix replace PCM.

Reset the code and see if it comes back.....
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

p1676

My '99 just had the code p1676 come on, where exactly do I check the connections between the pcm and abs/tcs control unit? If the wires are good then it's either the abs/tcs control unit or pcm? I would rather not spend the money on a part that doesn't need replaced, any suggestion what part is most likely to be faulty?
    Thanks

Re: p1676

Originally posted by king99
    My '99 just had the code p1676 come on, where exactly do I check the connections between the pcm and abs/tcs control unit? If the wires are good then it's either the abs/tcs control unit or pcm? I would rather not spend the money on a part that doesn't need replaced, any suggestion what part is most likely to be faulty?
    Thanks
    Check your battery and charging system first. The computers need to see 12 volts or more.
    2004 TL
    2000 Ody

Got DTC P1676 or TCS DTC
    31? Replace the Ignition
    Switch
    NOTE: This article applies to 0002 Accord V6s
    and 9902 Odysseys.
    Got a vehicle in your shop with DTC P1676
    (FPTDR signal line failure) or TCS DTC 31 (engine
    retard command [PFINH] signal)? A bad ignition
    switch (the electrical half) could be the culprit.
    NOTE: On the HDS, youll see TCS DTC 31 listed
    as TCS DTC 31-2.
    Inspect the ignition switch solder joints for any
    signs of overheating. If you notice the solder joints
    are melted, replace the ignition switch.
    "Success is 99% Failure"
    Soichiro Honda

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    king99, suggest you also look into a faulty EGR valve. Here's a few threads on the subject:

EGR Valve

Engine Light on - Codes
    2001 Odyssey LX
    2003 ACURA EL Touring

UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...664#post384664

Originally posted by New Dad New Van
    [B]king99, suggest you also look into a faulty EGR valve. Here's a few threads on the subject:
    I haven't looked through all of this forum's threads, so maybe this has already been answered, but if you have an illuminated MIL on a 2nd gen Ody, it will almost always be accompanied by an ABS/TCS warning lamp and DTC P1676.

If the MIL is on, you should not get worked up about the P1676. When the PCM is requesting MIL illumination, the ABS/TCS control module and the PCM lose communication with one another, and the PCM sets the P1676, and the TCS will set DTC 32. Once the Powertrain DTC is corrected and the MIL is cleared, the communication is restored and the P1676 "fault" is gone.

If the ONLY problem is the ABS/TCS lamp and DTC P1676 or TCS DTC 31-2, then there would be an issue within that system that would need to be diagnosed.
    "Success is 99% Failure"
    Soichiro Honda

'99 total shut down

Originally posted by D119829
    Got DTC P1676 or TCS DTC
    31? Replace the Ignition
    Switch
    NOTE: This article applies to 0002 Accord V6s
    and 9902 Odysseys.
    Got a vehicle in your shop with DTC P1676
    (FPTDR signal line failure) or TCS DTC 31 (engine
    retard command [PFINH] signal)? A bad ignition
    switch (the electrical half) could be the culprit.
    NOTE: On the HDS, youll see TCS DTC 31 listed
    as TCS DTC 31-2.
    Inspect the ignition switch solder joints for any
    signs of overheating. If you notice the solder joints
    are melted, replace the ignition switch.
    My '99 once a week at least when driving just totally loses all power, all the dash lights come and it's dead. i just put it in neutral and start it back up! I'm thinking it's the ignition switch, i thought I read something somewhere about this. Anyone have a suggestion? Also now I've got a new code: P1456, i haven't looked this one up yet. Anyone know about this one?

You can always just enter the code you get into our search: In this case it's either as simple as not turning the gas cap enough, a bad gasket on the cap, a crack in the filler tube.....well just do the search. Here's the first relevant thread:

check engine light p1456

14. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements