radiator fan not working
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: radiator fan not working

radiator fan not working 2000lx

2000LX..172k miles...I had a hunch that my radiator fan was not working..the one on the passenger side..right?..with the engine running , when I turn on the aircondition the drivers side fan..condenser fan..starts spinning right away( It cycles on and off ).so I know thats working .im in Florida..In park I revved the engine for a while and the Rad. fan did not come on..perhaps I did not do it long enough..In any case I disconnected the harness and did a fan test directly from the battery bypassing the sensor and relay. Still the rad. fan did not work. I repeated the test procedure with the condenser fan and it worked..directly from the battery. Isn't reasonable to assume the Radiator fan is dead? I had a fender bender a while back and the rad fan was replaced..."Denso" brand is what I see on the condensor fan and the radiator replacement fan has no name..i guess its generic..any thoughts? If I might add..funny thing I dont have an overheating condition..The temp gauge always show that the engine temp is normal. Then again I rarely sit in traffic for any prolonged period.
    Last edited by Paul R; 06-03-2010 at 08:34 AM.
    Paul R

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Yes, if the fan doesn't run when directly connected to 12v, its bad or has some form of inline fuse that's busted.

Does it turn freely(when not connected to power)?

Luckily, the part is probably not expensive.
    2013 Smoky Topaz Odyssey Touring
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T to replace the Integra
    2002 MB EXL-RES(sold at 137k miles)
    1994 Acura Integra GSR(sold in 2009 with 195k, stolen from new owner after only 7 months!)

rad fan inop

Yes The fan blade turns freely..I see those fans ..aftermarket... including shroud from 50-100 bucks...Thanks for your reply..
    Paul R

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements