fuel filter change
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fuel filter change

Question fuel filter change

2000 ody 61000 miles. Do I need to change the fuel filter? If so I would like to do it myself.
    Where is it located and has anyone here done it before? Please reply with details and any special techniques.Thanks...Paul
    Paul R

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: fuel filter change

Honda as not scheduled a fuel filter change for your Ody. The only mention in the service manual is that the fuel filter should be replaced whenever the fuel pressure drops below the specified value(41-48 psi with the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose disconnected and pinched) after making sure that the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator are Ok.

The fuel filter is located inside the fuel tank and is accessed by an access panel under the middle row seats.

It is not really a Do It Yourself project unless you have the proper tools to remove the fuel pump assembly from the tank you will need a fuel tank assembly wrench part number 07XAA-001010A.

You will also need a fuel pressure gauge (7406-0040001) and fuel pressure gauge attachment (07VAJ-0040100).

So it becomes really not an issue of saving money anymore to do it only on your own car, specially when you will factor the cost of buying these special tools.

Best regards from Montreal, Canada

RobertC

Originally posted by Paul R
    2000 ody 61000 miles. Do I need to change the fuel filter? If so I would like to do it myself.
    Where is it located and has anyone here done it before? Please reply with details and any special techniques.Thanks...Paul
    2005 Acura TL Premium Abyss Blue Pearl

re fuel filter change

RobertC..Thanks very much for the info...much appreciated...Keep Warm
    PaulR
    Paul R

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements