OEM vs Aftermarket Door handle replacement part
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: OEM vs Aftermarket Door handle replacement part

OEM vs Aftermarket Door handle replacement part

Hello, I need to replace my cracked sliding door handle on a 2000 Ody LX (seems to be a very common problem based on the number of people that have reported that issue). I found most Honda parts dealers on this forum are selling that handle for $101 but I also found a place called 1AA Parts selling the same handle for $26. Is it worth paying the extra money for the OEM handle? Is this a case of "you get what you pay for" and I will regret buying the cheaper door handle? I really appreciate all those that posted step by step DIY instructions to replace that handle (Honda wanted around $400). It is a fair amount of work so I am a little nervous about installing a generic door handle so looking to see if anyone else has used generic cheaper door handle parts vs OEM.

Thank you
    Steve
    Last edited by sdapana; 04-05-2019 at 10:26 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

You do get what you pay for. For me, it depends on how hard it is to change the handle. If it's labor intensive then it's not worth sacrificing quality. If it's a quick fix and you have to replace it again in a year then no big deal.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black-Totaled
    2012 VW Passat-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

Thanks John - most people said they have replaced this door handle between 1.5 - 2 hours (assuming everything goes as planned and you don't screw something up along the way). So yes...this is a one time fix and not something I want to have to do again - will go with the OEM part then to save potential future headaches...thank you for your input!

Steve

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements