Blind Spot Mirror..
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Blind Spot Mirror..

Blind Spot Mirror..

I installed this 18" wide mirror on the OEM mirror to view my blind spots...it's really helpful, specially when it's rainy / foggy outside and the water droplets on the side view mirrors reflects more lights and less rear view..
    Just had to get used to it and I can view everything behind in almost 180 degree..

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Pix?
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content

I attached a picture but it was 547 kb..so it did not appear..I think I have to compress...
    Anyway, what do you guys use to compress an image...and...I have to "attach" it ,at the bottom of the reply section, to let it appear in the post, am I right ?
    Seems to be a basic, but I am posting a picture for the first time..

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Originally posted by amitbhatt71
    I attached a picture but it was 547 kb..so it did not appear..I think I have to compress...
    Anyway, what do you guys use to compress an image...and...I have to "attach" it ,at the bottom of the reply section, to let it appear in the post, am I right ?
    Seems to be a basic, but I am posting a picture for the first time..
    Or you can upload to a free hosting site and just link it here. I use Kodak Picture Gallery for compressing but it is cumbersome to use and not very user friendly when it comes to resizing pictures.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

Thanks dvp.

Here is the link...

http://picasaweb.google.com/amitbhat...ndSpotMirrors#

--Amit.

Lookin good Amit. Wow. You really are into this blind spot stuff. Big rear-view mirror, the what ever its called mirror on the rear hatch and the stick on mirrors on the side view mirrors.

I haven't seen all those on one van/car at the same time.

WSY
    I had a similar mirror like yours that clipped/clamped directly over the existing stock mirror without tools.
    It was great for visibility because my hatchback's OEM rear-view mirror was much too small for the field of vision.

I just realized-- the window tint on your van's rear and side windows seems lighter than the stock tint on my US version.
    Last edited by WSY; 05-10-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Another silver '04 Odyssey LX,
    stuck in traffic in SoCal...

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    I use this wireless unit to view the blind spot next to the rear bumper while reversing: http://roadmasterusa.com/index.php?page=back-up-cameras
    2015 Hyundai Elantra GL Manual Transmission
    2003 ACURA EL Touring Auto AT
    2001 Odyssey LX (Traded in May 2015 with failed transmission at 100k miles)
    1994 Subaru Impreza L Manual Transmission (Sold in 2010)
    UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: Hidden Content

Blind spots stock Mirrors

Did a search on mirrors, but no joy on this question....

My wife is having a little trouble seeing folks when she is changing lanes. I was thinking of getting some stick on convex mirrors to put on the stock mirrors to help see the back corners of the vehicle better. I have seen the stick on mirrors in the auto parts store. Has anyone try this? Is there something else that may help more?

Thanks
    07 Accord LX V6 - Few mods, nothing fancy
    09 Odyssey EX-L - KIA - Wife OK!
    10 Odyssey EX-L - Almost like it never happened

https://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...ar+and+mirrors

Found using search term Blind and Spot

Though the discussion is for the prior gen, it applies to this gen too as we are talking aftermarket mirrors here.

I use these, they work and only cost $4 a pair from local Autozone.

09 EX-L Odyssey Slate Green Metallic
    08 EX-L Odyssey Baltic Blue (SOLD at 12750 Miles 14 months 2/13/2010)

14. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements