Dual Zone Capabilities
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Dual Zone Capabilities

Dual Zone Capabilities

We have an '04 Odyssey EX. It has an aftermarket overhead DVD unit and PIE Aux adapter with a factory single-din headunit.

I want to hookup the DVD system so that the vocals from the DVD play to the rear of the van and music can play to the front, like the OEM RES Unit with dual-zone capabilities. After pondering this for over 2 years, I still haven't figured out a way to do this without buying a separate radio and speakers. Does anyone have anythoughts on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks!!!
    '04 MBP Odyssey EX
    OdyClub.Com Sticker
    9" XOVision RES
    PIE Auxiliary Input
    Long Tru-Cool 4454 Transmisson Cooler
    3/8" Magnefine Inline Transmission Filter

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I did find this post thru Google search, Dual zone (music or gps up front, video in back) possible solution, but there has be be a simpler way.
    '04 MBP Odyssey EX
    OdyClub.Com Sticker
    9" XOVision RES
    PIE Auxiliary Input

Just so you understand how the factory RES works, you don't get different audio out of front and rear speakers. If the head unit sees the front and rear both on, it turns off the rear speakers and only sends audio over the headphones. I am guessing your overhead unit has the IR headphone transmitter thus making it very similar in function to the factory res unit. You can just fade the volume from the rear to front.
    '10 Silver EXL - R&N
    '02 Subaru WRX Wagon WRB
    '01 GG LX - Traded with bad tranny

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGSR View Post
    Just so you understand how the factory RES works, you don't get different audio out of front and rear speakers. If the head unit sees the front and rear both on, it turns off the rear speakers and only sends audio over the headphones. I am guessing your overhead unit has the IR headphone transmitter thus making it very similar in function to the factory res unit. You can just fade the volume from the rear to front.
    I test drove an 04 EX RES and I rember the kids watching a movie in the back with the video sounds coming out the back speakers and the Sade CD coming out the front.
    '04 MBP Odyssey EX
    OdyClub.Com Sticker
    9" XOVision RES
    PIE Auxiliary Input

There is a simpler way!

Quote Originally Posted by NGUSPEED View Post
    I test drove an 04 EX RES and I rember the kids watching a movie in the back with the video sounds coming out the back speakers and the Sade CD coming out the front.
    Goto crutchfield.com and checkout the kenwood DNX6960. It will allow dual zone control automatically using the head unit, and I believe you can specify what speakers you want on/off when DVD mode is selected.

V/r,

Wil

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements