Dual screen -- dual hard drive media?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Dual screen -- dual hard drive media?

Dual screen -- dual hard drive media?

Ok, so I traded '05 Sienna for the Odyssey Touring Elite. On my old van with a single DVD screen, I used a hard drive media player (Western Digital, but lots of people make these) to hold all my dvd's so I didn't have to cart around disks. Now that I have the dual screen, I am back to lugging around disks and using the media player so both kids can watch their own thing. I'm curious if anyone has found a way to use the dual screen without using Dvd's at all since we are limited on the power outlet and the inputs. Or am I stuck with carting around dvd's again. Why doesn't the Odyssey hard drive allow us to store dvd's? (not sure it's size . . .). Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I haven't tried it myself, but you could try one source in the HDMI port and a second source in the RCA composite ports. They are located one both sides of the third row. Note that there is only one power outlet though.

I'm not sure if the RES can accept both these ports as separate inputs or treats them as one. Give it a try and let us know.

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring (Canadian) · Polished Metal Metallic

Hidden Content

That's a good idea except for the power source problem. I think someone needs to invent a media player capable of two different outputs! But I'll rig something up just to at least give it a try.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements