Hardwire Sirius
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Hardwire Sirius

Hardwire Sirius

Hi all!

I just installed a Sirius reciever which was in my MDX. However, I haven't wired it to the fuse ox as I'm no 100% sure how to do it.

I have all the wiring from the previous install. There was a white wire to the passenger side fuse box with a 20 amp fuse and a black ground wire drilled into the body of the car.

My questions:

1. Should I just drill a small hole under the door sill and screw the ground wire into it?
    2. Which fuse location on the passenger side should I connect the white wire to.
    3. From the previous install...the white wire is just stripped at the end and was inserted into the fuse location and the fuse was inserted and was holding it in place. Is this the right way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Ody year, model,....???
    Please always post these when asking technical questions.
    Also, please no double posts. I see you posted in the '05 section. One or the other. I deleted the '05 since no one has replied.
    TIA
    -Rob-
    1995 Subaru Legacy LS/1992 Mazda Miata
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Sorry about the double post.

2006 Ody EX-L RES NAV

Any help would be appriciated!

Jason

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

As for ground, any point on the car chassis will be fine. Make sure you have a good connection to metal and not paint.

As for the fuse, that's the cheap man's unsafe way to do it. Go to and auto parts store and explain that you want to tap into the fuse box and grab a 12V source. They should have a device where you unplug the current fuse, insert this "y adapter" and plug the old fuse into one slot and the new fuse into the other slot. There will be a wire coming out of the device and that's your new power wire.

-Brian

thanks for the advice brian.

It sounds like an "add-a-circuit" and I was advised to stay away from them.

I would try it as others have told me to sodder to the harness of the headunit.

Thanks again

Jason

THe only reason I can see staying away from the "add a ciruit" route I've mentioned is if you are adding a high current draw device. I was adding a 1.6A DVD player, and found a 20A fuse to add onto. So, the I used a 3A fues and a 20A fues to give you a total of 23A even being drawn from the one source. That would be fine. If your Siruis receiver is high current (doubt it), piggybacking of the powerwire going to your head unit may be a decent choice, but my methos was quick, painless, and safe.

-Brian

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements