08 Odyssey v/s ‘08 Sienna v/s ‘08 Quest v/s ‘08 Grand Caravan v/s ’08 Entourage
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 Odyssey v/s ‘08 Sienna v/s ‘08 Quest v/s ‘08 Grand Caravan v/s ’08 Entourage

08 Odyssey v/s ‘08 Sienna v/s ‘08 Quest v/s ‘08 Grand Caravan v/s ’08 Entourage

I had put together a page which compares the 5 due to a pissing contest in another thread. I figured it'd benefit some one who is still comparing the vehicles. The information is already available on CarsDirect.com but you have to pick each vehicle. Since I already did it once, here what the carsdirect.com comparison looks like.

http://www.urvi.net/2005odyfan/2008_...omparison.html

** Edit **
    The comparison is saved directly from CarsDirect.com and not cars.com as mentioned before. Corrected that.
    Last edited by dvpatel; 04-05-2008 at 02:09 PM.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

The only possible error I found is that under the trailering information, the Ody lists as "N/A", even though it lists a 3,500-lb. towing capacity.

Looking at that list, do you think that the manufacturers are keeping a close eye on each other?

My observation when driving the Sienna was, "What did they do with all that space they claim to have?" I mean, it might be able to hold more cubic feet of ping-pong balls, but there seem to be more things sticking into the "people space." You just have to be more mindful to things intruding where you'd like to be in the Sienna, while the Honda seems to make better use of the 3-D space. As a family, it just seemed we had more room to move about in the Ody, and that we could pack more luggage in the Ody for our longer trips. This is completely subjective, of course, but it's what we noticed.

As well, everybody seems to mention the difference in ride. The Sienna does handle more like a Grand Caravan than an Ody, and dvpatel's nice list bears out that both the Toyota and Chrysler offerings still use a torsion beam suspension...interesting! Yes, it's really old tech, but it can be made to work well if you're leaning more toward a sedate ride instead of a vehicle that "keeps you connected with the driving experience." Aiming at two different segments of the buyers' market, for sure. I'll say that Toyota pulled off a better handling van in spite of the beam suspension than Chrysler did in years past, though I haven't driven the newest GC yet.

Regards, OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 188k miles, OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, ckonarske fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod, Tru-Cool Max, OT1 ATF tstat
    2002 Ody EX RES 197k, Ditto
    1998 Accord LX 238k, Haynes 676 ATF cooler
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Hidden Content

Only 2 seats inthe Quest?
    08 Ocean Mist blue EX-L,

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Excellent work dvp! I always forget about the Entourage. Hyundais are popular in my area, but you don't see many of the MVs. That is a nice looking van. Second to the Ody IMO. I'd have to go Ody 1st, Hyundai 2nd, Sienna 3rd, Chrysler 4th in regards to looks. As much as I like Nissans, man the Quest is an odd looking duck.

Joel
    Last edited by MTPockets08; 04-05-2008 at 09:52 AM.
    2008 Honda Ody LX babe magnet.
    2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i CVT.
    Vehicles of the past: 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS, 2001 Windstar, 2005 Trailblazer 4x4, 2002 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 and lots more Hidden Content

Before you guys give me more credit than I deserve, I wanted to just point out that all I did was pull all 5 of these vehicles on CarsDirect.com in the side by side comparison page and then saved the page and removed all the junk and left the core details alone.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

Originally posted by my04HBEX
    Only 2 seats inthe Quest?
    I double checked and CarsDirect.com still says seating capacity 2. I suppose that's an error on their part. Another error is the Interior Cargo volume of 140.9 cu.ft. v/s the others having around 38 - 40 cu. ft.

eneka
    one thing i noticed....the Sienna has the same drag coefficient as an Acura Nsx so minivan's aren't bricks after all.

Super Moderator
    Originally posted by eneka
    one thing i noticed....the Sienna has the same drag coefficient as an Acura Nsx so minivan's aren't bricks after all.
    The NSX will woop ass on any minivan though....

https://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...t&pagenumber=2

Originally posted by dvpatel
    Before you guys give me more credit than I deserve, I wanted to just point out that all I did was pull all 5 of these vehicles on CarsDirect.com in the side by side comparison page and then saved the page and removed all the junk and left the core details alone.
    i wanna thank you for that! it made reading alot easier for me!
    • 2009 Pilot Touring 4wd res/nav Black/Black "Maybelline"
    • 2002 Odyssey
      Redrock Pearl EXL- RES
      "LUCILLE" Traded in Hidden Content
    • 1994 accord LX (makin someone else happy now Hidden Content )
    • 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 5 door BLACK

I double checked and CarsDirect.com still says seating capacity 2. I suppose that's an error on their part. Another error is the Interior Cargo volume of 140.9 cu.ft. v/s the others having around 38 - 40 cu. ft.

Maybe it is 140.9 cu.ft. if you remove all of the seats except the front two?

dvpatel, +1 on the thanks for setting this up...it's really easy on the eyes.

OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 188k miles, OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, ckonarske fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod, Tru-Cool Max, OT1 ATF tstat
    2002 Ody EX RES 197k, Ditto
    1998 Accord LX 238k, Haynes 676 ATF cooler
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Hidden Content

You guys are quite welcome.

I was actually expecting more interest when I created it. When the 2009's information comes out, I will compile one more. I checked and the information for 2009 Oddys is not yet on CarsDirect.

This is my first post, which is lame, but little known fact is that with the Quest the 2nd and 3rd row seats are considered options on all but the SE version. Therefore, the numbers on carsdirect are correct.

Originally posted by MTPockets08
    Excellent work dvp! I always forget about the Entourage. Hyundais are popular in my area, but you don't see many of the MVs. That is a nice looking van. Second to the Ody IMO. I'd have to go Ody 1st, Hyundai 2nd, Sienna 3rd, Chrysler 4th in regards to looks. As much as I like Nissans, man the Quest is an odd looking duck.

Joel
    Let me get this straight...you think that this warmed over windstar look is better looking than anything other than the Ody?

This is worse than the old Chrysler egg, and easily the dullest looking Van of the bunch.

The Nissan is quite intersting visually, except for the full diaper look of the rear end.

I'd rate the VW Routan as being the best looking, followed by the Ody, and then the Nissan. The Toyota looks so bland and featureless from most angles...the Dodge might have had game had they worked a little longer on the snoz, and the rest are just dullsive. The new Chrysler looks so awkward with that big grill plastered on a square body.
    Last edited by OUTLAND; 10-30-2008 at 01:23 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2009 HD Road King Classic
    2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L- Silver
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L GONE!
    2002 MB C230Kompressor Coupe -M111SC 6speed, C7,C5,C1 ASP Overboost Pulley, Overbored TB, Vmax Clipped, SC Resonator Delete, "Evolution" Grille, German BiXenons, C32 Sways, LED's and whole pile of crap I never have time to install.
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 240,000(now at 251,000!)miles and just getting broke in

eneka
    i think he's talking about the new one. I do agree that the new generation ones does look quite nice (exterior wise)

Super Moderator
    Originally posted by eneka
    i think he's talking about the new one. I do agree that the new generation ones does look quite nice (exterior wise)
    They DO look better than the older gen's but it still drives like a ...... Ford....

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast