How to remove clear plastic in front of gauges?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: How to remove clear plastic in front of gauges?

How to remove clear plastic in front of gauges?

I sprayed glass cleaner on my instrument panel and for some reason, some of the stuff got behind the plastic! It left what look like drip marks etc. where the stuff dried. Anyone know how to remove the clear plastic so I can clean it? I have never had this happen before on other vehicles, I always just spray glass cleaner on it when I clean the interior. It must have a gap at the top behind the black plastic trim that covers it.

Thanks,
    Earth first....we'll mine the other planets later!

2006 Ocean-Mist Odyssey EX-L RES NAV..stock..what else would it be...its a freakin' minvan for god's sake!

Knock-off ebay cross bars, Honda splash guards, Honda cargo tray.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: How to remove clear plastic in front of gauges?

Originally posted by tigeo
    I sprayed glass cleaner on my instrument panel and for some reason, some of the stuff got behind the plastic! It left what look like drip marks etc. where the stuff dried. Anyone know how to remove the clear plastic so I can clean it? I have never had this happen before on other vehicles, I always just spray glass cleaner on it when I clean the interior. It must have a gap at the top behind the black plastic trim that covers it.

Thanks,
    It appears that the gauge module is a one-piece assembly and the service manual does not make it clear if the glass is supposed to be sealed or not.

To remove the gauge module you must first remove the trim ring that sits in front of the glass (i.e. the piece that sort of forms the "tunnel" that leads to the instruments). This piece is held in place by 4 clips along the bottom, two along the top and 2 "hooks" (one on each side). The instructions are to tilt the wheel all of the way down and then carefully pry out the bottom first followed by the top. Of course, special trim tools are recommended in order to avoid marring the trim piece or surrounding surfaces.

Once the trim piece is removed, the gauge module itself is removed by taking out 3 screws (one at the top and two at the bottom followed by disconnecting the wiring harnesses and removing it. Again, I'm not sure that even if you get this far you will be able to clean the back side of the glass......

Good luck
    '05 Slate/Olive Touring R/N with hitch package

'07 Civic Ex 5 speed

1995 Accord EX

Not sure what year Ody you have, but regardless, in any generation Ody you have, you have to take apart your dash and remove the intrument cluster. Once removed, you will see the tabs you have to push in to separate the clear front from the rest of the cluster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

when cleaning ALL surfaces always spray the cleaner on the cloth and wipe the surface. Never spray directly on a screen. shield, lens, etc.
    2004 EX Odyssey.
    All posts made by me are in reference to the gen 2 Odyssey.

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements