Lookin for south of MSRP in the South
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Lookin for south of MSRP in the South

Question Lookin for south of MSRP in the South

We're from Atlanta, which is a very hot Oddysey area. The dealer 5 minutes away wants 3K over MSRP (but will give us lifetime oil changes...big whup).
    We don't need the thing until end of June, beginning of July.
    We are willing to take a small vacation and drive our EX home with us.
    Alton Blakley is a possibility, but would not mind staying in Georgia so the dealer gets to register the sucker.
    Any ideas or advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Unhappy

I've called all over the Atlanta area - I haven't found one place that will sell an untouched Odyssey for less than MSRP, and most require at least one option - the paint protection package. They all told me $549 for the paint protection package.

The dealer that was offering free lifetime oil changes (Carey Paul in Snellville) wouldn't take a deposit and said they'd call me when the vans came in, but unless I was there with cash in hand immediately they'd modify it - their basic additions include a cheap-ass entertainment system (audiovox) for $2500, and $2500 for leather. I said "no way."

Gwinnet Place Honda, which now has my $500 deposit, is selling for MSRP + paint protection at cost (apparently, $89 or something - I'm expecting the breakdown of all the costs sometime today), plus some other items at cost (crossbars, cargo liner).

One place required a $1200 "appearance" package, including pin stripes (come on!), and there was another that required you buy the entertainment system (although at somewhat less than $2500).

Bottom line: I haven't called every Honda dealer in Atlanta, but I've called enough to assume that you're going to have to pay MSRP plus you will have to buy something along with it - at least the paint protection package.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    2001 DEP EX
    Nothing Fancy

djw

I am in Atlanta too, and also looking for an Ody. I have only checked a few places (because we are not ready to buy just yet) and have found the same thing -- the dealer in Lithia Springs had a $3000 appearance package on the window, which seemed to be mud guards and some scotchguard.

Personally, i am going to wait until the 2002's start coming out and try to get some kind of deal on a 2001. Hopefully by then the Ala. plant will be cranking out Ody's and the supply will catch up with the demand.

good luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

FWIW, I was talking to one dealer, who had nothing to gain/lose by telling me this, that the new plant will not be online until sometime next year.

I don't know if she was just blowing smoke or not. These people just like to talk, regardless of what they are saying, it seems.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    2001 DEP EX
    Nothing Fancy

Why don't you try one of these dealers here in Charlotte or Rock Hill? We got our van without any dealer installed options. The only catch is that we had to pay FULL MSRP and wait for about 80 days on a waiting list. They threw in the free oil change untill 22,500 miles and free mud guars .

[This message has been edited by piyush (edited 06-19-2001).]
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content
    alexmish1's Hidden Content

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but you might want to try Jay Honda, in Bedford, Ohio. The contact person there is Dennis Jenkins. As you can see, we live in Southern California, where supply is short and the markup is at least two thousand dollars. I ordered my van from him (EX) for $400 below sticker, with no requirement for add-ons. I did purchase the cargo tray, cassette player, and dealer installed leather (1300 and well worth it). Dennis even handled the financing and all the paperwork. The registration in California was a snap. I don't think it would be hard in Georgia, but you would have to check with your state agency.
    The van was shipped for $750 and arrived at my door 4 days later, in perfect condtion, with the plastic wrap still on it.
    Not only did I get a great van at a great price, I did not have to wait. As an added bonus, there was no haggling, etc. Dennis has sold plenty of ody's out of state, so he probably will be able to help you.
    Good luck. Respond to this message if you need any more info.

------------------

Warning!

I don't know but most vehicles (correct me if I'm wrong) sold in California need California emmissions upgrades. Maybe the Ody (new 2001) passes CA tests.

I just bought mine last month(July, 2001) but did not notice if CA emmission was added.

Somebody update my beliefs!

Great you got it $500 under MSRP.. I paid $1597 over MSRP and $2200 sales CA sales tax.

PS-did you pay sales tax?

$2200 Sales Tax to buy an Odyssey in California? phew!!!
    One of the reasons I hate California is because of the ridiculous taxation.. not only they want 1nearly 10% of your income they also want nearly 10% cut in everything you buy(sales tax?)
    Its sickening! what a beautiful state though.. wish it wasnt so "come let the state wipe your butt in exchange for 10% of your income and 10% of anything you buy" oriented..

You wanna cross a bridge pal? thats $2.. you wanna cross a 1mile highway in LA? thats $4 toll

Talk to anyone in California about rising real estate costs.. they will tell you, you just have to get in.. just buy a house and "enter into the system and buy a shack for $400,000" and you will make a lot of money because prices only go up and you can then sell the same shack for $500,000 or heck even a million

Guess what percentage of Californians are on welfare.. and compare the same in Texas.. Now you know where all your money is going.. hear that giant sucking sound? its Ca
    Last edited by cancer6969; 09-14-2002 at 07:42 PM.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements