Trip to North California from South California
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Trip to North California from South California

Trip to North California from South California

my family decided to go on a trip tomorrow to north cal... however we have not made any decision on where.. we prefer scenary places.. i need recommendations, fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 12silver View Post
    my family decided to go on a trip tomorrow to north cal... however we have not made any decision on where.. we prefer scenary places.. i need recommendations, fast.
    Where in Northern CA? San Fransicko? Monterey?

If you want a nicer, but longer drive go 101, not I-5 (boring). If you go up 101, you can stop in San Luis Obispo for a nice meal at the Apple Farm (off 101 at California Street I believe).

Continue up 101 to Salinas then take the jaunt over to Monterey. In Monterey you have the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the 17 Mile Drive in Carmel, etc.

Then, go up highway 1 to highway 17 and you are now in Santa Cruz. You can go the the Santa Cruz Beach boardwalk and ride the roller coasters, enjoy some decent food, etc.

Take highway 17 over the hill to San Jose. In San Jose you have a lot of nice museums (e.g. The Tech) and the Winchester house (not worth the money but interesting if you are in to wacky architecture).

From San Jose go to Napa/Sonoma for wine tasting, beautiful scenery.

I avoid going to San Francisco. Can't stand the place.

Drive safe....If you take 101, watch your speed around the major towns like Salinas, Paso Robles, and ESPECIALLY King City - ticket capitol of the west.
    ~Eric

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L - Smokey Topaz Metallic - Daily Driver
    2003 BMW M3 - TiAg - Frequent Fun Car
    2013 Toyota Prius Persona - Blizzard Pearl - Wife's Daily Driver
    1999 A-MAC D-Sportsracer - Yellow - Occasional Really Fun Car
    1964 Triumph TR-4 - Signal Red - Abused and Neglected 1st Car

kbh
    Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Parks and also through the high Sierras near Yosemite. Or take the PCH to Big Sur/Monterey/Carmel as stated above. McWay Falls at Pfeiffer Beach Park is very scenic as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

This made me LOL!.

Nevertheless, get off 101N before you hit Salinas area. Too many construction going on. Lane closures are a sure bet. I got delayed in that area for 2 hrs. on a weekday night, let alone weekend when everyone and their grandmothers want to go somewhere.

If you have radar/laser detector, use it. 101 is notoriously swamped with ticket happy writing CHP officers (that includes my wife's cousin).

Drive safe and observe the posted speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SFR-DSR-44 View Post
    Where in Northern CA? San Fransicko?

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements