A fun drive in the snow
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: A fun drive in the snow

A fun drive in the snow

Just got back from a little adventure in the snow. Had to drive down from the Twin Cities, MN to Lafayette, IN earlier this week. As luck would have it, I was only able to leave at about 2 pm on Sunday. No issues up until about Portage, WI, but it started getting pretty bad at Madison, WI and was terrible the whole way around Chicago (they got 12-16 inches of snow). Stopped for gas in Janesville, WI and I wasn't sure that I was going to make it back on the freeway, but did. The Ody performed great. In fact, I never had any slipping issues at all with the Ody. There was very little traffic which was nice and probably the major issue was some vehicles only going 10-20 mph on the freeway. Finally cleared up about 40 miles down on I65 for the most part. The trip actually only took me 30 minutes longer than usual (540 miles), but I was on kind of a mission.

Went to head back home on Wed. afternoon and it was actually much worse. I got about 10 miles North of town on I65 and all traffic stopped. Sat parked on the freeway for 60 minutes and then only 25-35 mph for the next 30 or so miles. A narrow band of snow had come through the area and created a real mess on the freeway. By the time I got to Chicago it was all clear for the rest of the way home. Had to stop and take a short nap in WI before finishing the drive as I was getting tired.

In any case, the Ody was a wonderful performer on the snowy roads, not issues as all. I have 311K miles on my '04 Ody and it is wonderful to drive. I will take a 4K RT drive on it in March and no worries at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

311,000??? You and swedepwr and a couple other guys are real total mileage champs!

OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 188k miles, OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, ckonarske fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod, Tru-Cool Max, OT1 ATF tstat
    2002 Ody EX RES 197k, Ditto
    1998 Accord LX 238k, Haynes 676 ATF cooler
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Hidden Content

That's serious mileage. Have you ever had a serious problem with him? I ask because Mileage.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements