Another Road trip - MN to Palm Springs, CA
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Another Road trip - MN to Palm Springs, CA

Another Road trip - MN to Palm Springs, CA

Heading out early next week driving to Palm Springs, just about 2000 miles one way. I'm taking my 2004 Ody with 311K miles on it. Just replaced the power steering pressure hose, but other than that, the van is running very well and I just took a 1100 mile round trip in it at the beginning of Feb. It is a long two day trip out there with the family, but it is fun driving together. I'll report back and let you know how the van runs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Back from the trip and the van now has 316xxx miles on it. I had a couple of weird things happen to the van - one an oil leak, and the second the coolant went into the overflow tank it appears from not circulating correctly, possibly due to the way the AC was being used. Posted that info on another thread in the 99-04 section.

I got 20.8 mpg on the way out and 21.7 on the way back. It sounds low until you realize that almost half of the miles are at 80 mph and the rest near 75. I got nearly 26 mpg on one tank on the way back from Gallup to Tucumcari, NM. The car ran very well overall and the transmission shifts incredibly smooth right now while on the highway. Very happy with the drive and hope to get to 400K on this van.

4. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements