Thanksgiving trip from Virginia-South Dakota (with a blizzard thrown in)
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Thanksgiving trip from Virginia-South Dakota (with a blizzard thrown in)

Post Thanksgiving trip from Virginia-South Dakota (with a blizzard thrown in)

Just got back from a 3000+ mile journey from Virginia-SOuth Dakota and back again. Along the way we encountered blizzards in SOuth Dakota and heavy rainstorms in Missouri and Illinois. The Ody handles itself well. My 10 month old son did exceptionally well in the car seat and slept most of the way. The center console was mighty handy-very convenient for drinks, coffee, maps, food, etc. Steering wheel controls for cruise and audio kept my focus on the road while my wife slept. Loved the rear window-shield wiper, it improved my visibility in the rain tremendously. (Awful scary driving I-70 from Kansas City to St. Louis with 18-wheelers flying beside you in reduced visibility.) My mileage improved from the start of the trip. It actually increased from 21 up to 25 mpg by the end of the trip. I can't explain why. It only had a 1000 miles on it before we left. Maybe it was just breaking in.

Anybody travelling in the midwest should know about Stevenson's Apple Farm restaurant just east of Kansas City and Independence. They advertise along the highway on I-70 and it's a fantastic place to stop for lunch or dinner. All the meals come with great apple fritters along with delicious apple butter. Steaks, chicken, seafood, salads, soups, wine, beer are all served there, and you will be treated very well.

Anyway, my family is back safe and sound, and the ODy made it a good trip.

------------------
    2002 Odyssey GG EXL Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Air Deflector, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Cross-Bars
    2002 Odyssey GG EXL Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Air Deflector, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Cross-Bars

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Glad you had a good time and that your back safe

4. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements