First Unread Post
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Unread Post

go to first unread post

I noticed when I use "go to first unread post" button, nothing happens.
    2002 Ody LX (Mom's)
    2003 Maxima (Dad's)
    2002 Supercharged Miata ( Dad's toy)
    1998 Civic: son's
    2004 Mazda3: daughter's
    2005 Mazda3: other daughter's

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Re: go to first unread post

Originally posted by twiggy144
    I noticed when I use "go to first unread post" button, nothing happens.
    Evidently you have read them all and reached the end of the internet. Thank you. Goodbye.

Yep, I've noticed the same thing. With new ownership, I figured there are going to be some fairly whosale changes around here. I'll wait for the pending software upgrade to see what all changes around here.
    2017 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, 6 speed - San Marino Red
    2015 Toyota Highlander XLE - Blizzard Pearl
    2014 Civic Si - Crystal Black Pearl
    2012 Pilot EXL-RES - Polished Metal
    2011 Mazda3i Touring Crystal White Pearl
    Other Recent Rides:
    2009 Odyssey EXL-RES Bali Blue
    2005 Mazda RX8 GT Velocity Red
    2008 Pilot EXL-RES Formal Black
    2003 Odyssey EXL-RES Redrock Pearl
    2004 Mazda 6S Lapis Blue
    2002 Accord EXL Black

First Unread Post

Has anyone else had issues with the "take me to the first unread post" button just taking you to the beginning of the thread and NOT to the first unread post??

Seems to happen with every thread I visit...yes I am signed in...even when I click it after getting in the thread it still just takes me to the first post, not the newest one.
    2006 Odyssey EX-L

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

That is a known issue. We're waiting it out for the upgrade as the function didn't work correctly any way. It was discussed in the following thread.

https://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...hreadid=132213
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content

Thanks!

Actually did a search but didn't see that in there...probably skipped over it since it wasn't the subject.
    2006 Odyssey EX-L

Originally posted by MozMan68
    Thanks!

Actually did a search but didn't see that in there...probably skipped over it since it wasn't the subject.
    No worries. This needed a thread of its own any way.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

Last Page Link

The "Last Page" link seems to be broken. It displays the first page, not the last page, of a thread.
    2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES

Re: Last Page Link

Originally posted by fdl3
    The "Last Page" link seems to be broken. It displays the first page, not the last page, of a thread.
    I second this request. This function worked fine until the new owners. Now I have to scroll through every page to figure out what post I last read. It's VERY frustrating that this no longer works.
    Current Hondas: 2015 CR-V; 2010 Odyssey Touring, Polished Metal Metallic;2005 CR-V EX-SE, Pewter Pearl
    Previous Hondas: 2001 Odyssey EX-NAVI, Starlight Silver; 1997 Accord EX-L Forest Green; 1992 Accord EX, White; 1982 Accord DX hatchback, Silver
    Hobby: Hidden Content

Dwayn is immensely helpful in banning email domains and IPs and IP ranges to help with the spam. That is 5000% more involvement than our prior board owner. Please pack some patience.

Like I have said before, that feature NEVER worked correctly. It only took you to the last post on the last page of the thread. You can click on the last page in the list of page numbers and get to the last page of the thread and half way recreate the feature. Wait it out guys. Dwayn's time would be better spent planning for the upcoming upgrade rather than try and salvage this aging version of vBulletin.

On that same token, the PM Deletes are broken too. But since it was much easier for him to increase the PM box size, he did so and now we have 300 PM quota v/s the 200 PM quota.

So, rest assured, he is doing all he can and we need to give him some slack.

Originally posted by dvpatel
    Like I have said before, that feature NEVER worked correctly. It only took you to the last post on the last page of the thread. You can click on the last page in the list of page numbers and get to the last page of the thread and half way recreate the feature.
    I'm fine with understanding that he is working on the urgent issues. BUT, while the "last unread" may not have worked for you, it has ALWAYS worked correctly for me.

Regardless of how many additional posts followed the last one I previously viewed (or even multiple PAGES of additional posts), it ALWAYS took me to the first unseen post. I always saw the last one I had previously read if I scrolled up just a fraction from the first unread.
    Last edited by Steve P; 12-02-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    Current Hondas: 2015 CR-V; 2010 Odyssey Touring, Polished Metal Metallic;2005 CR-V EX-SE, Pewter Pearl
    Previous Hondas: 2001 Odyssey EX-NAVI, Starlight Silver; 1997 Accord EX-L Forest Green; 1992 Accord EX, White; 1982 Accord DX hatchback, Silver
    Hobby: Hidden Content

Originally posted by Steve P
    I'm fine with understanding that he is working on the urgent issues. BUT, while the "last unread" may not have worked for you, it has ALWAYS worked correctly for me.

Regardless of how many additional posts followed the last one I previously viewed (or even multiple PAGES of additional posts), it ALWAYS took me to the first unseen post. I always saw the last one I had previously read if I scrolled up just a fraction from the first unread.
    Absolutely !!

Easier to go up a few threads than going down pages and pages.
    2002 Ody LX (Mom's)
    2003 Maxima (Dad's)
    2002 Supercharged Miata ( Dad's toy)
    1998 Civic: son's
    2004 Mazda3: daughter's
    2005 Mazda3: other daughter's

That is 5000% more involvement than our prior board owner. Please pack some patience.
    I was helping my son with his algebra homework last night, and I realized that 5000% times zero is still zero.

I guess it would be impossible for Dwyan to be less involved than Jim.
    Other Recent Rides:
    2004 Mazda 6S Lapis Blue
    2002 Accord EXL Black

Originally posted by psu ody fan
    I was helping my son with his algebra homework last night, and I realized that 5000% times zero is still zero.

I guess it would be impossible for Dwyan to be less involved than Jim.
    But Jim was involved. He was listening to all the people complain to him as some one was PMing everyone who got told to search to call and email Jim. So, I'd say Jim was invovled I suppose 1%.

Besides, didn't you get an email from Jim himself a couple of months back? I'd say that's involvement.

Besides, didn't you get an email from Jim himself a couple of months back? I'd say that's involvement.
    Yes, telling me about all the great plans he had for the 10th anniverseary of OC.....surprisingly, "sell" was never mentioned!
    Other Recent Rides:
    2004 Mazda 6S Lapis Blue
    2002 Accord EXL Black