Three car seats across middle row
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Three car seats across middle row

Three car seats across middle row

Hi. I have three Britax Frontier Clicktight seats and have recently learned that I cannot install them three across the middle row according to Britax guidelines. They fit if I put the seats into wide mode, but the middle car seat overhangs the vehicle seat slightly. And I have just learned from Britax that they allow NO side overhang.

I really need the ability to put three across the middle row for children ages 3, 5, 7 and am wondering what combination of seats can safely install here for them.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I guess your only other option would be to start looking at full size American vans. Don't think any other option would be safe for the children.
    2011 Odyssey EX setup to tow a 2007 Thule utility trailer & 2018 Atlas Enclosed 4x6 trailer.
    2014 CRV EX AWD.
    Previous Hondas 1974 CVCC Hatchback & 2013 Fit Base.

3 car seats across

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Odyssey View Post
    Hi. I have three Britax Frontier Clicktight seats and have recently learned that I cannot install them three across the middle row according to Britax guidelines. They fit if I put the seats into wide mode, but the middle car seat overhangs the vehicle seat slightly. And I have just learned from Britax that they allow NO side overhang.

I really need the ability to put three across the middle row for children ages 3, 5, 7 and am wondering what combination of seats can safely install here for them.
    Thanks.

So, I have installed 3 car seats across for close to 3 years.
    I believe the over hang yo are referring to on the center seat is fine.

I make sure that the left and right seats are as far wide as possible, and i use the over seat strap with saftey latch,
    and tighten really well.

We have felt completely safe and secure.

HOWEVER, as the 7 year old transitions to no back booster,
    I WOULD NEVER PUT THE NO BACK BOOSTERIN THE CENTER.

My $.02

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

1mc
    Take a look at the Diono Radians.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mc View Post
    Take a look at the Diono Radians.
    I have 2 of these seats, Diono Radians, and they fit anywhere. I was a die hard Britax mom until I saw a demo in a baby store that showed me the difference between the two brands. I bought the Diono seats immediately. On the plus side, the seat bottom is narrow.

I put them both in the 3rd row, outboard. Both my 12 and 14 year old kids can sit between the Diono seats.

Look into these seats before looking at a different van.
    2008 Touring - current
    2007 Touring - sold 8/14
    2005 Touring - totaled 12/30/13
    2000 Accord EX

+1 for the Diono Radian's. I currently have two symphony DLX seats in our brand new Oddy and the oldest jumped up to booster seat. I have a couple of the Radian's in other vehicles we have and they are absolute tanks! They are insanely well built and seem to fit in just about everything!.

Quote Originally Posted by emedkinoki95 View Post
    I have 2 of these seats, Diono Radians, and they fit anywhere. I was a die hard Britax mom until I saw a demo in a baby store that showed me the difference between the two brands. I bought the Diono seats immediately. On the plus side, the seat bottom is narrow.

I put them both in the 3rd row, outboard. Both my 12 and 14 year old kids can sit between the Diono seats.

Look into these seats before looking at a different van.

Try the Car Seat Lady's resource on this. (I tried to share the link, but I just joined the forum -- bought the 2019 Touring trim over the weekend! -- so the site isn't allowing me to post links yet.)

Google "car seat lady odyssey 2018 3 across"

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements