When does extended warranty start?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: When does extended warranty start?

LAS

Talking When does extended warranty start?

I was told today that the Honda Care warranty starts from the day the car is purchased. I thought that I had read somewhere in this forum that the Honda Care extended warranty starts when the 3 year or 36,000 mile warranty ends. The dealer today told me that if I purchase a 7 year warranty that it starts on the original day that I purchased my 2000 Odyssey. Is this right?
    Thanks
    Lee Ann
    2000EX CSS

------------------

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

The dealer is correct, Lee Ann. The extended warranty covers a TOTAL of 7 years (in your case) and a TOTAL of 100000 miles. It is in neither respect tacked on to the end of the existing factory warranty.

RFT!!!
    Dave Kelsen.
    "I never apologize; I'm sorry, that's just the way I am." -- Bart Simpson
    2001 Tafetta White Honda Odyssey EX V6 4AT
    2003 Noble Green Honda Accord LX I4 5AT
    2004 San Marino Red Honda Accord EX V6 6MT

The extended warranty begins at the date of purchase, but will not be invoked until the original factory warranty expires. Lets say your Odyssey needs warranty work at 35,800 miles and 35 months from the date of purchase. Everything is covered under the factory warranty. 3 weeks or 300 miles later, the extended warranty would provide coverage. Your extended warranty is actually a 48 month / 64,000 mile warranty.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements