Thought I would share this info...
My 2000 model had the maint. light come on. My garage pulled the code from the computer...it was "P0401". This translates to "insufficient erg flow". After researching this on this forum and Google, it appears that this is a very common problem with Hondas and its basically only a carbon build up.
HERE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW...
1. You don NOT have to install the repair kit as described in Hondas Service bulletin # 00-009. A simple cleaning will suffice...probably for another 95k miles (at least that's how long it took mine to clog and trigger the maint. light)
2. The attached youtube video is great to show you how to make the repair...but I found that you can skip a few steps and will take half the time. Watch the video and read the service bulletin first...then my short cut info will make more sense.
Short cut method:
1. There is no need to remove the "rear ignition coil cover". (step 1 in service bulletin)
2. There is no need to disconnect the throttle body from the intake manifold! (A huge time saver and won't need the new gasket) Step 3 in service bulletin.
3. No need to remove the front "intake manifilold end plate"...only the rear one. Step 5 in service bulletin.
4. Perform all other disconnects.
5. Prop up the left side of intake manifold with a small piece of wood. Lay a lint free rag or towel over cylinder openings.
6. Clean erg port out on intake manifold & on the corresponding manifold port that seats up to it. Basically, 2 ports that are connected when intake manifold is bolted down. Use carb cleaner, drill bit (by hand only), shop vac, etc. Just clean "tar" like carbon deposits out.
8. Disconnect power to battery. Will reset maint light. Reattach.
Should be good to Go!
P,S. This took me only about 40 minutes. Probably could do it in 30 now that I have done it once. Probably saved $400 from a dealer repair charge!
Youtube tutorial link:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6FkziI1ds]‪1999 Honda Odyssey Van EGR Valve Port Carbon Problem Repair Fix Code P0401‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
pdf file link: