2004 Odyssey Transmission problems?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2004 Odyssey Transmission problems?

2004 Odyssey Transmission problems?

I am writing this in hopes that I am wrong but I think that my transmission in my '04 Odyssey is starting to fail. I have 3,800 miles on it now, have owned it since the end of June. Today when driving it, I noticed that when taking off from a stop that it would slip when starting out and then feel like it would kick down. I do not believe that the van starts out in second gear but that is exactly what it feels like. I read about all the other transmission plagued " J series " Odyssey's, TL's, and other cars that had this problem, but that was from a different model year. My transmission was made in Japan, so it could not be one of the ones that had the problems noted above. I probably will be taking it in for the service tech to look at it asap.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Unhappy Sorry Mike

Mike, sorry to hear about the trany problem you are having. Hav you taken it to a dealership yet? Looks like there are a number of 2004 Odys that had tranny problems. Here is a search that will bring up at a least a few such threads... Please do take it to the dealership and have them verify it indeed is a tranny issue. Since it is practically a brand new van, I am sure they will replace it (the transmission, heck- you could try to get them to give you an '05 Ody ) free of charge. Let us know what happens...
    '05 Touring/R/N Sagebrush Pearl/Ivory
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Send me a PM if you would like a Hidden Content Account

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements