sliding door roller replacement?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: sliding door roller replacement?

sliding door roller replacement?

While sitting in the middle row watching my daughters' game I noticed that the upper roller on sliding door had a lot of in/out free play, has ne1 else noticed this? Looks like a high wear item and possible cause of rattles. If ne1 did this is it just a matter of replacing the roller? how about bottoms, ne1 check them out also? any info appreciated. I have a 2000 with 95k miles and manual doors. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

No one has seen this or done anything like this??? I see in the parts microfiche the roller is available separately.

I'd let a dealer look at it and advise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

One purpose of the forum is to share everyones' experience, this is not major repair, to refer to dealer we may as well close forum.

Originally posted by bones774
    One purpose of the forum is to share everyones' experience, this is not major repair, to refer to dealer we may as well close forum.

Originally posted by bones774
    I wouldn't start tearing into my sliding doors without a Helms manual. That should have step by step instructions for replace/repair.

Talking

Its really not tearing into the door, its just attached by a coupla bolts at the top. On mine you can see the rollers and what I believe is excessive movement.
    Last edited by bones774; 10-16-2005 at 04:53 PM.

I have removed top and bottom rollers (one at a time) on both doors to clean and lub. It doesn't take a genius. I did have someone hold the door as it will flop around. Otherwise standard tools are all you need. Note, there is some adjustment using slotted holes so watch how it comes apart and how you put it back.

Hey thanks for the bump, yeah it looks real easy, I'm surprisedno one has noticed or attempted replacement.

I'll be replacing my middle roller here shortly. Dealer wanted $300 to replace. Part cost me $93. The diagram I found on Majestic Honda Online showed two parts the main part and rollers, well it's not separate. There is one part and it has a main bearing roller in middle with two upper plastic rollers. I'll follow the Helm's guide to loosening tension on cable and try to remove the old latch without removing door. After removing the outside rail panel it appears to be somewhat accessible. I'll mark the old one on the door prior to removing in order to avoid having to plum or adjust the door. The top and bottom seem to be relatively easier to replace. But I could be wrong. Anyone else do this job yet? I have a 2000 EX with 86,000 plus miles. Will have to do light for odometer too. Figures all out of warranty.
    Last edited by hondageek; 11-03-2005 at 12:19 AM.
    2000 Taffeta Odyssey EX

hondageek,
    Where are you in Georgia?
    I am in Chattanooga and have the same mid-door roller problem and want to change mine. I would not mind helping you do yours if we are not to far apart just for the experience.
    Let me know at [email protected]
    Thanks - Jeff

Lawrenceville, Ga. I did it already. Part from Gwinnett Place Honda was $93 dollars Part #72520-S0X-A53 (I think I could've got it cheaper). Dealer wanted $300 dollars to replace. I first got the Helms manual and went over procedures for door removal and motor replacement. It had different descriptions for different door issues. I was hoping not to take door off but found it easier. First and foremost it's a 2 man job because of door. A second set of eyes definitely helped. The job took at most 3 hours ( could probably get it done in 2 next time). It was worth me doing it now that I see the job I did. Tip(mark existing roller on door with sharpie, otherwise you may have to go through some adjusting procedures. And tape the rear taillight electrical plug to body to prevent it from going in hole .) When I got the old one off the roller was so loose it fell off the metal.
    You have to get the manual it's worth $60. If you have questions let me know. But I feel kinda funny giving advice if someone screws up their door since it is pricey and big. Let me know how it works out.
    Last edited by hondageek; 11-08-2005 at 12:31 AM.
    2000 Taffeta Odyssey EX

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements