2003 LX , timing belt just replaced, running and out --
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2003 LX , timing belt just replaced, running and out --

2003 LX , timing belt just replaced, running and out --

Hi, a 298k miles, It due for a timing belt, and I never adjust valve so I do have bunch of P1399 with 302-3-4-5-6

Replace TB and WP done.... I drove around the block with no issue... check and I do see P1399 still there so I order valve cover gaskets for the valve job.

Today, wife and kid take the van for a short trip: it slow down and stop ... lucky for us some gentleman give them a push to the nearby parking lot. I check and the engine start but can not turn ... no CEL but I now see bunch of P0302-304-5 on my OBD2 reader.

I did replace the main relay before ( less than 3 months ago ).

I need to tow it back home to check plugs/coils but they are less than 10k miles on the sets ( NGK of course ).

EGR valve or Idle valve falling off ???

TIA,

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Hi,

I have it towed home now, so here is the task for "engine turning, not start "
    1. Check fuel/fuel filter: do anyone have some drawing or picture of where to look ( this is somewhat dangerous, I knew) ??? I will turn the key ( NOT starting the ignition) and the fuel should spur out , ... this will rule out main relay and fuel pump issue.
    2. Check for fuel infection: if it works, I should check spark plugs and it should smell gas, correct ? do I need to turn on ignition to smell gas ? may be this need to be done first ?

TIA,

Quote Originally Posted by ccna101 View Post
    1. Check fuel/fuel filter: do anyone have some drawing or picture of where to look ( this is somewhat dangerous, I knew) ??? I will turn the key ( NOT starting the ignition) and the fuel should spur out , ... this will rule out main relay and fuel pump issue.
    No need to take anything apart. Turn the ignition key to ON. Listen for the whirring of the fuel pump in the back. Note, it will run for only 2 seconds in this position.

Also, check that the green key indicator on the dash blinks a few times when you turn the key ON, then goes out. This is a test of the immobilizer. If the green light continues to blink, the computer doesn't recognize the key. So it will not energize the fuel pump and the engine will not start.

Was the new main relay from Honda? If not, it could have failed again. Main relay failure is much more common than fuel pump failure.

Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood protector, stainless steel flex brake lines, Honda block heater, AC condenser screen, Zymol wax
    151,000 miles/243,000 kilometres; original transmission; Amsoil MV ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 kilometres; Magnefine aux ATF filter; Honda aux ATF cooler; 19 drain and fills

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements