2002 Odyssey passed inspection (srs bragging)
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2002 Odyssey passed inspection (srs bragging)

2002 Odyssey passed inspection (srs bragging)

Very happy my 2002 Odyssey passed delaware inspection today. SRS light was on, did the short pin 1 to 4 and got the code driver seatbelt switch. Ordered the seatbelt off ebay for $23.00. It's a pain to finagle the wires thru the seat etc, even cut up my fingers pretty bad. I wound up just plugging in the new seatbelt and hiding it under the seat. Did the clear routine (found on youtube) and drove it 80 miles. the light cleared immediately, and after the 80 miles I figured I was ready for inspection. Breezed right through. I'll drive this van until it dies. Have a honda vtx as well, and you can't beat a honda!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Nice, I also drive a 2002 Ody, not sure it would pass an inspection without a few minor repairs, and a 2005 VTX 1300C. The VTX has never failed to start but the Ody has.

Quote Originally Posted by chriswjames View Post
    Very happy my 2002 Odyssey passed delaware inspection today. SRS light was on, did the short pin 1 to 4 and got the code ...
    Our 2002 EX is exhibiting this SRS light. I just learned something!

chriswjames, thank you...and on your very first post, no less. Welcome to the Odyclub!

OF
    Last edited by 0dyfamily; 04-16-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 188k miles, OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, ckonarske fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod, Tru-Cool Max, OT1 ATF tstat
    2002 Ody EX RES 197k, Ditto
    1998 Accord LX 238k, Haynes 676 ATF cooler
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chriswjames View Post
    SRS light was on, did the short pin 1 to 4 and got the code driver seatbelt switch. Ordered the seatbelt off ebay for $23.00. It's a pain to finagle the wires thru the seat etc, even cut up my fingers pretty bad. I wound up just plugging in the new seatbelt and hiding it under the seat. Did the clear routine (found on youtube) and drove it 80 miles. the light cleared immediately, and after the 80 miles I figured I was ready for inspection. Breezed right through.
    Got code 9-3 and SRS light a few years ago. Search found this was due to seat belt. Went to dealer as Honda is supposed to have lifetime warranty on non damaged seat belt. Seat belt replaced for free.

I wish I were as happy with Odyssey as the OP. Mine started with lots of problems when new, only some of which were repaired. Of course, the transmission failed a few years into ownership.

SRS light on problem was a helpful feature. My SRS light went on about the time Takata Airbags were becoming famous for exploding and injuring or killing the occasional driver. Although I found how to reset the SRS light, leaving SRS light on disabled airbags. So I left SRS light on and airbags disabled much of the time until both driver and passenger airbags were replaced. Lucky had no accidents. My Odyssey is likely to need a second round of airbag replacements. So is life with Honda.
    A you tube video on repairing seat belt and resetting SRS light.

Quote Originally Posted by 0dyfamily View Post
    Our 2002 EX is exhibiting this SRS light. I just learned something!

chriswjames, thank you...and on your very first post, no less. Welcome to the Odyclub!

OF
    Old Dog, new tricks.

Yeah, just go to the Honda dealer and get it replaced. Honda has lifetime warranty on seat belts. It's a free fix.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black-Totaled
    2012 VW Passat-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements