2002 Power Window Schematics?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Power Window Schematics?

2002 Power Window Schematics?

I replaced the passenger window regulator/motor unit and caused a bug. (I think I broke somethng when I accidentally plugged the passenger seat heater connector into the power window harness.) The passenger switch both opens and closes the window (great!). However, the driver's switch will only lower the passenger window; it won't close it (d'oh!). I think I have a loose connection or broken wire on the passenger side, but I'd like to look at a schematic. I've replaced both driver and passenger switches to no avail.

I've tried a multi-meter on the various connections, but I'm not quite bright enough to reverse engineer it on my own. Does anyone have an electronic copy of the schematics of the power window system?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

send me pm with email i have pdf with it

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I know this is a fairly old thread but was the problem ever corrected? I made the same mistake when putting my passenger door back together and as a result the window only has full function with the passenger switch, drivers switch can only raise the passenger window. I've also lost the seat heaters.
    2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Check these fuses:

Passenger's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box - Fuse #15 (7.5A) for the Power Window Control

Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box - Fuse #78 Seat Heaters and # 79 for the Power Window Control
    2015 Hyundai Elantra GL Manual Transmission
    2003 ACURA EL Touring Auto AT
    2001 Odyssey LX (Traded in May 2015 with failed transmission at 100k miles)
    1994 Subaru Impreza L Manual Transmission (Sold in 2010)
    UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: Hidden Content

Thanks! Well I got the seat heaters working again but still no luck with the passenger side window being able to go down with the master switch. Any other ideas?
    2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Registered User New Dad New Van's Avatar
    Resetting the Power Window Control Unit POWERWINDOW MASTER '03-04 models

Resetting the power window control unit is required after performing the following procedures

• Disconnecting the battery.
    • Removing the No. 79 (20A) fuse in the under-hood subfuse box.
    • Disconnecting the 18P connector from the power window control unit.
    • Removing the window regulator, glass or glass run channel.
    • Disconnecting the driver’s door wire harness.
    1. Turn the ignition switch off, then back ON (II).
    2. Move the driver’s window all the way down by holding the driver’s switch to the AUTO DOWN position; when the
    window reaches the bottom, hold the driver’s window switch in the AUTO DOWN position for 2 seconds.
    3. Move the driver’s window all the way up without stopping by holding the driver’s switch to the AUTO UP position;
    when the window reaches the top, hold the driver’s window switch in the AUTO UP position for 2 seconds.
    If the window does not work in AUTO, reset the power window control unit according to the above procedures again.
    2015 Hyundai Elantra GL Manual Transmission
    2003 ACURA EL Touring Auto AT
    2001 Odyssey LX (Traded in May 2015 with failed transmission at 100k miles)
    1994 Subaru Impreza L Manual Transmission (Sold in 2010)
    UNOFFICIAL 2001 ODYSSEY THREAD: Hidden Content

Just tried it, no change. It's actually been this way for the better part of a year, I've just gotten used to reaching across to the passenger side switch to lower the window. I'd like to find the problem but I'm out of ideas. Anyone know if it would be possible to somehow connect the drivers AUTO down feature to the passenger side window so they both roll down together with one touch?
    2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L

schematics

Can someone who might have the power windows schematics, post the link again, the ones above are bad links.

thanks in advance

Unfortunately in the 03 &04 models these functions are controlled by the multiplex control units talking to each other, not physical wiring. The diagrams can be found in the OEM service manual. By misplugging the connector one or more of the driver circuits is probably bad.

Is that the same for the 2002 also?

There are a few differences on the 02 but most is the same. Up and Down signal frpm the driver side comes through the passenger multiplex control unit while the passenger door switch controls the motor directly.

I replaced the passenger window/motor/regulator, but drivers side master control for the passenger side will make the window go up only, no down(the relay in the passenger switch will click for up, but no click noise when the down is pressed). The passenger control will not do anything, no up or down( no clicking from the relay). So I opened up the passenger side window control switch and looked inside of the relay there are 3 diodes inside, the one to the far right one has the insulation completly gone, middle is fine, the left one the insulation has partial broken off exposing the inside of the diode as well, could those two diodes be bad? Guess I need to test them and replaced, any more ideas you might have? Thanks

I posted debug and pinout data a few weeks back, for both front windows.
    2013 Smoky Topaz Odyssey Touring
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T to replace the Integra
    2002 MB EXL-RES(sold at 137k miles)
    1994 Acura Integra GSR(sold in 2009 with 195k, stolen from new owner after only 7 months!)

I've been experiencing the same problem as amber00dak.
    The passenger window operates fine from the passenger door but does not operate from the drivers door.
    Tried the reset multiple times with no luck. Tried a different drivers side switch panel with no luck. Fuses appear to be OK. Also recently noticed that the rear windows don't open but I haven't begun to explore if that's related.

'04 Ody Leather/RES

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast