Stronger Rear Springs v. Air Lift Kits - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stronger Rear Springs v. Air Lift Kits

I have had my Airlift bags in for about 5 years on the Ody, with electric pump and dual gauge option (it’s the Airlift optional pump) so each side can be inflated independently. I have had no air leak at all. One year, I went without changing the air pressure in the bags and air pressure never changed even during winter, but then again I live in Los Angeles.
    If you are looking for better handling, getting 18” wheels and good tires will improve handling the most. I run 245/45/18 all the way around, I even went big as 255/45/18. I found 245/45/18 diameter of the tire is big enough, there is no more speed error and shows accurate speed.
    2002 GG-EX

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Howdy all! I also have installed the Airlift 1000's on our '06 Odyssey. I am glad I did! I run them at 35PSI all the time because the van is loaded heavy nearly all the time.

We travel about 4,500 miles/month and have noticed a significant reduction in tire wear due to camber issues.

One thing that I would suggest is that when installing this system is to replace the bumper that the instructions say to remove and then fabricate a spacer to replace that bumper. I built a spacer almost 1" thick and used the existing bolt hole from the removed bumper for its attach point. That added almost 1/2" to the lift of the van which fixed the camber issue so I don't see the tire wear like I was. Overall I am very glad that I installed them and am confident that they will pay for themselves in tire replacement costs over the course of the vans life.

Keep up the adventures in your Ody's guys and gals!

4. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12