1st Gen Mileage survey - Page 25
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: 1st Gen Mileage survey

Dont force it to move by reving engine & doing more harm. Just curious, Have you tried shifting manually into D1 Then D2 etc...? does it move then?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

These will help a lot methinks! Thank you!

Thanx Bork! Old couple owned it - drove it about 2-3K per year. According to their service records (IMO) their Honda dealer didn't do them any favors though. Timing belt replaced 48K~!!! I'm the beneficiary but, looking over their records I can't help but think that their dealer didn't do them any favors.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I have a 95 with 269k miles. Has some issues like oil leaks and exhaust problems. But I enjoy keeping it going. I'm sure I can take it past 300k. Just replaced the tires so I have a good excuse.

Bought 96 with 138k miles in April. Owned by elderly couple who had all maintenance done by dealers. I feel bad for them but it's in perfect shape with a few minor exceptions. It's funny because they're both silver (beige?) I call them my twins. Look forward to many more miles wth my "twins."

Hi Everyone,
    New to the forum
    '98 LX, 7seater-Heather Mist-original owner 246,000 miles-daily driver
    3rd timing belt
    3rd transmission
    4th brake job-2nd rotors-new calipers
    2nd radiator
    2nd alternator
    5th set of tires-currently running Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS, 215/50/17. Very bad wear/noisy
    current problems-noisy (squeaky) exhaust coupler, squeaky left rr lower control arm joint. intermittent fast idle...just like at cold start and faulty cable reel. Otherwise, still rollin'

Purchased in 2017 with 67,385 miles (ACTUAL & documented) but... bought at an estate sale. Since new it was permanently kept at a Doctors's family vacation home and only used 2-3 months a year. It was meticulously maintained and I was VERY fortunate to land it. Except for a slight drip from area of rear main seal, I have not had any problems with it. I LOVE it andprefer to drive it in preferecne over my newer "primary" car.

Purchased 1995 EX with 204,000 miles for $1800.00 in November of 2011. Bought a new set of Firestones 30 miles later and rolled out on a 300 mile road trip. Summer 2012 rolled around, bought 3 cans of Freon, charged the A/C without pulling a vacuum i may add. 2016 Another set of tires and an alternator. It just rolled over into the 291,000's. To this day I have only added one can of freon since. I have hacked the cupholder from a post on here. Repaired the leaking tail light buckets directly after purchase after noticing the third seat well was soaked. Other than that we drive the wheels off of it!!! Its been a great investment and an absolute joy to drive. Uses a little oil but, Everything still works!!!! Cruise, Sunroof, A/C, All 4 power windows , switches and Power Door Locks. A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!!! Literaly!

Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Homers97 View Post
    As of this past weekend I'm a member of the 300k mile club! Had my family with me and Also Sprach Zarathustra blasting from the ipod. They thought I was crazy. We bought a 2007 Pilot from my in-laws a while back but the odyssey is my daily driver and better in every way except the motor.(the 3.5V6 is one sweet engine) Looking forward to seeing how much further she'll take me.
    Just a quick update on the old girl. 400 mile beach trip this week. Rolled over 322k on the way back. Missing about 50 miles on the odometer due to the VSS going out on the way down. It had been acting up about a year now but I was just too lazy to change it. Bought one at Advanced & had the local shop put it on while I was down there. Gripes me that I didn't replace it myself earlier & save the labor $ but oh well. Still driving it daily. A little oil smoke on startup & uses about a qt every 700-800 miles but other than that still going strong.

Here she is.
    odyssey2.jpg

Can anyone see this pic? It says my server can't open it.
    Last edited by Homers97; 07-09-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    1997 EX Azul Cucaracha

Bought '96 with 138 K miles last winter. Did some minor repairs and put cheap paint job on it. Runs like a top. Only hope it serves me as well as my '95 that took me 280K miles before fuel pump went. Still a great car. Anyone looking to buy a '95 needing a fuel pump? I live in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC.

279k on our 1997 LX, still running strong.

My 95 odyssey hit 275k oil leak everywhere got tired and im making it h22 5 speed
    Attached Images Attached Images

1997 Odyssey, just over 227,000 miles. Purchased new by my mother, been setting for a year or so, new timing belt, water pump and a few other repairs and going again. One of my kids will drive it. Got some old gas in it we have diluted with fresh gas. Idle seems really low and will die sometimes at a stop from running so slow. Need to figure out how to adjust up the idle slightly and then we are on for the journey to 300,000 and beyond...

Quote Originally Posted by Zepoler159 View Post
    My 95 odyssey hit 275k oil leak everywhere got tired and im making it h22 5 speed
    Any update? Finished? What is the biggest hurdle?

Quote Originally Posted by leeave96 View Post
    1997 Odyssey, just over 227,000 miles. Purchased new by my mother, been setting for a year or so, new timing belt, water pump and a few other repairs and going again. One of my kids will drive it. Got some old gas in it we have diluted with fresh gas. Idle seems really low and will die sometimes at a stop from running so slow. Need to figure out how to adjust up the idle slightly and then we are on for the journey to 300,000 and beyond...
    Fresh gas doesn't fix old. Try to suck out as much as you can. How old is it? Does it smell like old gas? Hopefully not old enough to clog filter, which is hard to access, down under the master brake. Maybe there is a spot in fuel line to take off rubber hose connector & put a fuel pump on and suck out fuel that way?

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425