Passanger-side Front Speaker Louder than Driver-side
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Passanger-side Front Speaker Louder than Driver-side

Passanger-side Front Speaker Louder than Driver-side

My son and I replaced the stock front speakers on our '95 last weekend with Polk db651. The surrounds on the stock speakers were completely gone. The new Polks sound waaaaay better. But now I notice that with the balance nob centered, the passenger-side is significantly louder than the driver side.

Any ideas why this is?
    Could it be that the driver-side dash tweeter is fried but passenger-side is still working?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Entirely possible when you have more than one speaker in the general area. Just had the issue with my Volvo S60 and once I figured out what was happening and replaced the faulty speaker the problem was cured. Made it a little tricky to figure out as typically a bad speaker will be noticeably blown by sounding distorted and harsh, but the one I had that went bad was just much quieter.
    30 year career of car sales and related industry - Part Time Detailer
    2006 EX-L Slate Green Metallic - Purchased new Dec 2005, totaled May 2013 at 166K
    2007 EX-L NAV RES Slate Green Metallic - purchased May 2013 with 113K now 200K+

If its a small difference its normal. The driver side speaker is pointed at your knee. The passenger has enough of a distance to make a straight line to your ears. Try sitting in the passenger seat too. But definitely check the tweeters too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Hey tenbsmith. Can u confirm u guys installed db651 and not db651s. I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and want to confirm the db651 fits without any issues with the grill. Thanks! If anyone else can chime in it would be appreciated. Thanks!

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements