Name that car part... can anyone tell me what Honda calls this part?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Name that car part... can anyone tell me what Honda calls this part?

Name that car part... can anyone tell me what Honda calls this part?

Name that car part... can anyone tell me what Honda calls this part? The picture is abysmal -- this is a view looking up at a slight angle at the inside of the rear right wheel where all the suspension bushings reside. Attachment 60705

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

1995 Honda ODYSSEY|

The picture sucks, but it appears to be the point where the lower control arm attaches to the spindle. See link above for part listing.

Last edited by Tishock; 04-14-2015 at 06:54 PM.

I forgot to add that you can check the coilover install sticky for better images of that part. Its just a bushing that needs to replaced on the spindle. But it can be extremely difficult to do it without a press. Especially if you've never done something like this before.

https://www.odyclub.com/forums/28-199...coilovers.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

This comes a little late, but thank you Tishock for your reply. I will be attacking this job next weekend and really appreciate your guidance. I have a press tool that I made a few years back for the same job on Mercedes wagon. Complete pain in the balls -- but it fixed the problem. Access is much better on this car, but it will still present it's own set of obstacles I am sure.

xmr
    I had the same bushing go out on my '98 and after trying to get the remains of the bushing out I let a indy shop replace the bushing. When I got the van back it had a terrible squeek in the rear. the shop wanted to replace the rear shocks, and the sway bar bushings. I did not want the spend more money and I had replaced the shocks 2 years prior. When i got home I looked at my factory manual and in the parts diagram it indicated that the bolts for the bushings and the shocks should have the surfaces coated with silicone grease. I pulled the bolt and coated the shaft with silicone grease and no more squeaks. so I pulled the other bolts and coated them with silicone grease. My Ody just passed 300,000 and is quite as can be.
    2007 CRV ex-L
    2002 EX
    2002 Accura MDX
    1998 LX

Very good information. I am going to replace my rear shocks and sway bar bushings at the same time I do this job (opportunistic additions). However, the question I have is... is the bushing that connects right at the spindle the very same part number as the rear shock bushing? They look very similar.

xmr
    since the control arm bushing in encased in a metal sleeve that has to be pressed into the spindle I don't think they are the same
    2007 CRV ex-L
    2002 EX
    2002 Accura MDX
    1998 LX

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements