Manual trans conversion - Page 10
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Manual trans conversion

Quote Originally Posted by phintastic View Post
    This thread has come in and out SOOO much over the last few years. I literally have registered for the site to ask it again.

I have a free 2001 oddy with bad auto trans.

I can buy a manual 2007 accord coupe for 1000. still runs and shifts great. has serious body damage

I am begging someone to tell me their is a better guide somewhere. PLEASE.

I am thinking to use a wilwood clutch pedal but hopefully someone knows which is the best fit? (Floor mount?)

Anyone, please. begging for some direction. I am mechanically sound and have to tools.
    https://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-199...six-speed.html

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...dyssey-941061/

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Johnboy! These guilds are even a little crazier than mine. I want to keep the stock motor and bolt on the manual trans and all linkages. As I read through, the hardest part seems to be the electronics and the clutch pedal...

can anyone else chime on on the compatibility of the '06 accord transmission with the stick oddy motor?

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

stock*

I know the 06-07 AV6 automatic has the same bolt pattern as the J35 in a 2001 Odyssey. I would assume that era 6MT does too.

Quote Originally Posted by SLVR6 View Post
    Really? When we got the Saab it was only one in a 7 state region that was a manual. I agree, I thought it would be common, but people have gotten lazy. The Accord was easy to find, but there are not that many manual's running around. Oh well, I guess I will be the pioneer if I am able to.
    Absolutely people HAVE gotten lazy. I believe over 90% of cars sold these days in the US are auto-tragic in some kind of way. Long gone is the manual that people used to drive for "economy" or for guys/gals who just like to row their own gears. I personally like to drive manually shifted cars over auto's due to many, many reasons. We do not have enough time here to discuss them all, but one thing I hate about auto-tragic cars is the fact that they don't do what I want them to. When I can shift the gears how I please, I get a better driving experience, this would be fact even in a "mini-van". Both of my other cars are manually shifted cars, and cable shifted cars at that. Not even hydraulic cause I don't like hydro clutches either.

I also see the other side of this as well. It's a mini-van and was not meant to be a sporty vehicle. Its main purpose was to haul kids/families to and from places that concrete path-ways will allow. This is coming from a guy who just installed a rear sway bar on his gen2 Ody. So yea, I like sportiness as well but it's a minivan and it can only do so much as a "sports van".

You can kind of have both worlds, but not really..... You can do the conversion, but I cannot even possibly see where the shifter would go/mount....

Quote Originally Posted by 0204ody View Post
    You can do the conversion, but I cannot even possibly see where the shifter would go/mount....
    Attachment 143505

Right where the shifter always goes.
    2004 Odyssey EX. Given to a friend in 2018.
    2000 Odyssey LX with 3.2L Type-S and 6 speed manual trans

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910