4th Gen Precat delete/Jpipe
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Precat delete/Jpipe

4th Gen Precat delete/Jpipe

Has anyone found any precat deletes or HFPC for the 4th gen or a Jpipe? I've heard the 09-11 Ridgeline parts should fit and that the HMA race team modified the 08-12 Accord Jpipe to fit.
    2013 WDP Odyssey EX
    2003 Acura CL-S6 s/c
    1999 Sentra (beater)

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

most of the mods ive done to my van are from v6 accords, anything can be done with mods and probably your best bet here.....keep an eye out over the winter here ill be turbo charging my 04' with a 2004 v6 accord kit, modified of course.
    Have you tried google?

will do!

I'm going to be keeping my eyes out for a used accord jpipe. it can't need too much modifying. After wrenching on my CL for so many years I know how well the J engines respond to breather mods. I'll probably do some porting/gasket matching to the intake and runners when I have to clean the EGR carbon.
    2013 WDP Odyssey EX
    2003 Acura CL-S6 s/c
    1999 Sentra (beater)

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I will be putting on a P2R intake manifold thermo gasket. The oem part numbers are the same for the 08-12 accord, so i'll be buying that one. I'm also going to do a cooling mod. On Acurazine it's known as the "ultimate cooling mod". I highly suggest it to prevent heat soak. Just driving for 10 minutes and the underhood temps are very high.
    2013 WDP Odyssey EX
    2003 Acura CL-S6 s/c
    1999 Sentra (beater)

3.0v6 Honda accord turbo manifolds bolt to the 3.5 and line up nice, I have a tb spacer for a 3.0 accord that will bolt on as well, don't forget to show us your mods. the newer accords have a 3.5 and 278hp I might do that swap one day so I can have the 5speed manual .
    Last edited by OdyVanMan04; 07-19-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    Have you tried google?

You have the older style J engine with proper headers which is nice. The new ones have the exhaust manifold built into the head. You want to stick to the older style. Your auto trans will not hold the power of a turbo. You need to get J35a3 and a CL6 trans (it bolts right up). You need some CL6 engine parts as well but nothing crazy. Put in CL-S cams and you'll have a 3.5 type S manual. Once that is done you could turbo it.
    2013 WDP Odyssey EX
    2003 Acura CL-S6 s/c
    1999 Sentra (beater)

I know the trans wont hold up but it is a newer instal and the updated case and parts, man that j35a3 would be nice but pricey...ime also trying to go cheap and only around 5-8 pounds of boost so that other here have a shot at building a turbovan without internal mods, I have a v-tec tuner (I do not recommend these unless you understand motors) and will turn the v-tec down so it wont kick in, that way I wont need timing management.

Ive seen some of those j pipes with cats sell for $249
    Last edited by OdyVanMan04; 08-03-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    Have you tried google?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
    Has anyone found any precat deletes or HFPC for the 4th gen or a Jpipe? I've heard the 09-11 Ridgeline parts should fit and that the HMA race team modified the 08-12 Accord Jpipe to fit.
    While not directly related, I used the RV6 PCD kit for v6 Accord on our 05-07 Odyssey Ex-L project along with a modified J-pipe.
    will do!

I'm going to be keeping my eyes out for a used accord jpipe. it can't need too much modifying. After wrenching on my CL for so many years I know how well the J engines respond to breather mods. I'll probably do some porting/gasket matching to the intake and runners when I have to clean the EGR carbon.
    Teh accord seemed to have exhaust go straight down the middle of the chassis or down the driver side. The problem with this is that the Odyssey runs down the passenger side and there was a slight collision with the subframe. If you can weld or know of a good exhaust shop, you can make the jpipe fit quite easily.
    The J does respond well to porting work, we have our van going to dyno soon to find out the difference (if any) in power that our port work has made.

I will be putting on a P2R intake manifold thermo gasket. The oem part numbers are the same for the 08-12 accord, so i'll be buying that one. I'm also going to do a cooling mod. On Acurazine it's known as the "ultimate cooling mod". I highly suggest it to prevent heat soak. Just driving for 10 minutes and the underhood temps are very high.
    Thermal coating the J-pipe and PCD kit will help alleviate some heat build up under hood too, a hood riser set also will help a bit

Quote Originally Posted by OdyVanMan04 View Post
    3.0v6 Honda accord turbo manifolds bolt to the 3.5 and line up nice, I have a tb spacer for a 3.0 accord that will bolt on as well, don't forget to show us your mods. the newer accords have a 3.5 and 278hp I might do that swap one day so I can have the 5speed manual .
    You can get near that power with PCD kit and a custom exhaust, our van last dynoed at 232whp and 222wtq on the auto trans with PCD kit, custom exhaust and modified jpipe with a short ram intake.

Quote Originally Posted by OdyVanMan04 View Post
    I know the trans wont hold up but it is a newer instal and the updated case and parts, man that j35a3 would be nice but pricey...ime also trying to go cheap and only around 5-8 pounds of boost so that other here have a shot at building a turbovan without internal mods, I have a v-tec tuner (I do not recommend these unless you understand motors) and will turn the v-tec down so it wont kick in, that way I wont need timing management.

Ive seen some of those j pipes with cats sell for $249
    5-8lbs of boost on these motors is quite easy to do and well within auto trans range as long as you add a transmission cooler. Turning vtec down would make it engage sooner, turning it up would make it engage way late, thus result in a non activation. For power you would want to adjust vtec to get the power curve nice and steady on the rise without any dips on the power graph as this would assist you in making boost in the upper rpm range.

check out this picture I found

Have you tried google?

Yep and we're currently using the v3 jpipe on our https://www.facebook.com/projectrl3

To revive an old thread, I just sent Rich at RV6 an email to ask about which components would fit on our 4G Odyssey's. Specifically, I'm asking about the J35A7 engine. The OP was probably asking about his 2013 EX, which may have a J35A6. They are probably similar considering external dimensions and bolt points. Here's what he said when I asked him which High Flow Pre Cats (HFPCs) or Pre Cat Deletes (PCDs) would fit my 2014 Touring...

Hello Mike,

This is actually a pretty common question. The HFPCs from the 2013+ Accords should work fine on your Odyssey. From some pictures that HMA posted I believe the Jpipe from the 9G Accord will fit as well with some slight modifications to the hanger. We are swamped at the moment with projects however give me a shout in a few months if you want to give it a try.

Regards

Rich

So this is good news if the only exhaust modification is needed on the hangar, because any joe-schmoe shop can lob off a hangar and re-weld it to another location. Or just make another one to weld on all together.

As for the last part of his email, I told him I'd be willing to donate my Odyssey as a guinea pig in the coming months for him to test fit and market HFPCs/PCDs and J-Pipes for our applications.

J35A7 - Variable Cylinder Management Piston Oil Jets
    • 2005+ Honda Odyssey EX-L, Touring
    • 2007+ Honda Inspire
    • Displacement: 3,471 cc (3.471 L; 211.8 cu in)
    • Bore and stroke: 89 mm (3.5 in) x 93 mm (3.7 in)

J35A6
    • 2005+ Honda Odyssey Van, LX, EX
    • 2005 Honda Pilot
    • Displacement: 3,471 cc (3.471 L; 211.8 cu in)
    • Bore and stroke: 89 mm (3.5 in) x 93 mm (3.7 in)
    • Power: 255 hp (190 kW) @ 5600 rpm
    • Torque: 250 lb·ft (340 N·m) @ 4500 rpm
    • Compression: 10.0:1
    • Valve Train: 24-Valve SOHC VTEC
    • Fuel control: Multi-Point Fuel Injection
    2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD Diamond White Pearl/Beige
    2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Crystal Black Pearl/Atlas
    1998 Honda Prelude Type SH (Supercharged) Diamond White Pearl/SiR Red

Reviving an old thread again, but has anyone put one on their 4th gen Odyssey yet? If so what did you go with?

I believe all 2011-17 Odysseys have the J35Z8. I figured the 8th gen (08-12) Accords would be the closest as they have the J35Z2/3. The 9th gen Accords (13-17) are the earth dreams J35Y1/3 and I assumed they would be different.

I just want to make sure I get the ones that require the least modification to work. I may email RV6 and ask but I figured if someone has actually done it that would be a good route to go.
    2016 Honda Odyssey SE
    2015 Honda CBR 650F

Quote Originally Posted by mooser83 View Post
    Reviving an old thread again, but has anyone put one on their 4th gen Odyssey yet? If so what did you go with?

I believe all 2011-17 Odysseys have the J35Z8. I figured the 8th gen (08-12) Accords would be the closest as they have the J35Z2/3. The 9th gen Accords (13-17) are the earth dreams J35Y1/3 and I assumed they would be different.

I just want to make sure I get the ones that require the least modification to work. I may email RV6 and ask but I figured if someone has actually done it that would be a good route to go.
    I have contact with them by mail, I am from Mexico, but they told that the 7th generation accord hfpc and the last generation accord with little modifications can fit, but I want a product that fit 100% because here I cannot get a muffler installer that do it well. They just cut and install a little ugly. Maybe I can get the best that fit, and Mexico City it’s a shop where they create exhaust system and probably can modifcate to fit. And it’s the same with the intake system where I made a tread, asking for development, maybe you can get your odyssey to Afepower or KnFikters to develop the intake system. And what they tell you about the development of the exhaust at rv6 if you take the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhwolf View Post
    I have contact with them by mail, I am from Mexico, but they told that the 7th generation accord hfpc and the last generation accord with little modifications can fit, but I want a product that fit 100% because here I cannot get a muffler installer that do it well. They just cut and install a little ugly. Maybe I can get the best that fit, and Mexico City it’s a shop where they create exhaust system and probably can modifcate to fit. And it’s the same with the intake system where I made a tread, asking for development, maybe you can get your odyssey to Afepower or KnFikters to develop the intake system. And what they tell you about the development of the exhaust at rv6 if you take the vehicle?
    He's not going to drive from NY to CA just for an intake system lol. Once again, no "little modifications" will work. Would've been real easy if that was the case. RV6 is not going to make any products for the odyssey because only 1 or 2 people will buy it. That's the problem with the odyssey, not enough interest. People always say "yeah I'll buy it!" company makes it and no one buys it. That's why everyone you're contacting doesn't want to deal anything with the odyssey.

Unfortunately it is not economical to drive to aFe in California for a $300 intake. I live 2700 miles away and would cost me thousands . If they come out with one I am all about it and would order it today. I am happy with the modified intake I have now, it would just be nice to have a true cold air system. It's tough since there isn't a performance market for minivans. As far as Rv6 I have not contacted them but don't expect them to make one for the Odyssey either. I live nearly 800 miles from them so I wouldn't travel there either. I'm hoping to find the exhaust parts that are close. Hopefully it all bolts up and I just need to have some hangers moved which would be no big deal. Eventually I'm going to have an exhaust shop do an exhaust system for the rest of it, but I would prefer to be able to bolt it up to the stock system and just have a new hanger welded on or something.

I'll update this with what I find on the exhaust once I get to that point.
    2016 Honda Odyssey SE
    2015 Honda CBR 650F

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast