2015 Touring Elite Mods
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Touring Elite Mods

2015 Touring Elite Mods

Just wondering what anyone here has done in upgrades... I am open to hear what is most common and most effective power-gaining mod... otherwise, I am interested in seeing some photos on any painted, say, calipers, valve covers, side mirrors, bumpers, etc...

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Rv6 PCD Kit
    Custom exhaust
    K&N High flow filter with airbox mod
    H&R Springs

An AirLift 1000 kit #60815 would be the best $100 you could spend on your van. The resulting handling and steering response will make it drive much more responsively with around 25 psi in the bags.
    Jerry O.

UFCW Retired
    UNION, YES!!!
    (The labor movement, the folks who brought you the weekend)

2014 Celestial Blue EX-L + 19" Advanti B1 wheels w/ 245/50-19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, a WeatherTech cargo mat w/ added "bumper bib", a ScanGauge II and a nice large basket in place of the difficult to use front console. AirLift kit #60815 and DashMat dash cover (black to beat windshield reflection) added.

2006 Ocean Mist Metallic EX gone to live with daughter and family in Illinois

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry O View Post
    An AirLift 1000 kit #60815 would be the best $100 you could spend on your van. The resulting handling and steering response will make it drive much more responsively with around 25 psi in the bags.
    Jerry O.
    This will be my 2016 mod. Need it done before our NJ to FL trip with a fully loaded (to the max) van. Saying no to sags.

PCD are the best power mod (bang for buck) for this engine.
    2013 WDP Odyssey EX
    2003 Acura CL-S6 s/c
    1999 Sentra (beater)

Is the RV6 PCD direct bolt on with the 2015's?

So just got our 2015 EXL. In the past I've noticed Odyssey's on the road with some significant sag. In November my wife and I and our 3 kids are road-tripping from IL to FL for a week, then another week near Atlanta. We'll have a fair amount of luggage and probably a Yakima Roof Box too. How much sag should I expect? Our old van(Dodge) had leaf springs in the rear and only sagged a very little bit when loaded. Main thing is I don't want to be dragging my butt across the country for 2600 miles. Is the airbag mod pretty much a "must-do" for people in my situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry O View Post
    Jerry O.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindoro View Post
    This will be my 2016 mod. Need it done before our NJ to FL trip with a fully loaded (to the max) van. Saying no to sags.
    2015 Honda Odyssey EXL
    1996 Land Rover Discovery
    1995 Land Rover Discovery
    1994 Land Rover Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
    So just got our 2015 EXL. In the past I've noticed Odyssey's on the road with some significant sag. In November my wife and I and our 3 kids are road-tripping from IL to FL for a week, then another week near Atlanta. We'll have a fair amount of luggage and probably a Yakima Roof Box too. How much sag should I expect? Our old van(Dodge) had leaf springs in the rear and only sagged a very little bit when loaded. Main thing is I don't want to be dragging my butt across the country for 2600 miles. Is the airbag mod pretty much a "must-do" for people in my situation?
    Just to chime in from everything I've read it's a must do... Same situation as me (power outlets and all)... 3 kids, we drive from Florida all over and had a bad sag/bounce in our last van (Nissan Quest)

Best price on these bags that I've found is on Amazon. $70ish (for new bags but broken packaging) up to $85. There's also a How To video on YouTube showing the install.

2012 Odyssey Touring Elite -Crystal Black Pearl/ Truffle

That's not going to make my wife happy, LOL. Seems weird to sell a vehicle with seating for 8 that will sag significantly with that number of people in it?? Anyway, $85 on Amazon isn't bad though and the install seems super easy. I'm used to wrenching on 20 year old rusted Land Rovers so a brand new Honda should be a piece of cake. I need to grab water softener salt so I'll load up the van and see just how bad the sag is. If I get the AirLift I'll probably try to put the schraeder valve in the same area as the fuel fill behind the fuel door.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanJax View Post
    Just to chime in from everything I've read it's a must do... Same situation as me (power outlets and all)... 3 kids, we drive from Florida all over and had a bad sag/bounce in our last van (Nissan Quest)

Best price on these bags that I've found is on Amazon. $70ish (for new bags but broken packaging) up to $85. There's also a How To video on YouTube showing the install.

2015 Honda Odyssey EXL

If I get the AirLift I'll probably try to put the schraeder valve in the same area as the fuel fill behind the fuel door.
    I've had these bags on other rides, and you want to make sure you don't "T" the bags together. Have a separate line and separate schraeder valve for each. When you go into a turn (taking a left), you don't want one bag deflating (the right one receiving the weight) and the other inflating (the left one lifting from the turn).

Quote Originally Posted by NathanJax View Post
    I've had these bags on other rides, and you want to make sure you don't "T" the bags together. Have a separate line and separate schraeder valve for each. When you go into a turn (taking a left), you don't want one bag deflating (the right one receiving the weight) and the other inflating (the left one lifting from the turn).
    Yes, separate fill valves are a must for best performance. Enjoy the mod!
    Jerry O.

UFCW Retired
    UNION, YES!!!
    (The labor movement, the folks who brought you the weekend)

2014 Celestial Blue EX-L + 19" Advanti B1 wheels w/ 245/50-19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, a WeatherTech cargo mat w/ added "bumper bib", a ScanGauge II and a nice large basket in place of the difficult to use front console. AirLift kit #60815 and DashMat dash cover (black to beat windshield reflection) added.

2006 Ocean Mist Metallic EX gone to live with daughter and family in Illinois

Good point guys, totally hadn't thought about that. Does the kit come with all the parts needed to run two separate valves or will i need to source parts?
    2015 Honda Odyssey EXL

Good point guys, totally hadn't thought about that. Does the kit come with all the parts needed to run two separate valves or will i need to source parts?
    It'll come with the parts you need to run separate lines.

Quote Originally Posted by EliTeMuGen View Post
    Is the RV6 PCD direct bolt on with the 2015's?
    Presuming the new block design is the same casting (exterior) as J35 then yes. I can take a look this weekend for you

Quote Originally Posted by TSM_Pikachu View Post
    Rv6 PCD Kit
    Custom exhaust
    K&N High flow filter with airbox mod
    H&R Springs
    Bumping an old thread. I have a 2016 Ody I got new 8 months ago.

What is:
    1."PCD" Kit?
    2. Air box mod?

thanks

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast