Strut tower and chassis bracing
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Strut tower and chassis bracing

Strut tower and chassis bracing

Hi everyone.

Brief intro: I also own a Chevy Cruze, and I'm the lead admin on CruzeTalk.com, another AutoGuide forum.

We bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey, and it needs some chassis bracing. I'm looking for front strut tower bracing as well as under-body bracing.

So far, I found this, but it seems to be made for the international RB3 Odyssey. I'm hoping to see if any of you know if all of these parts will bolt up to my 4th gen Odyssey. If so, I'd buy all of them.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by XTRevolution; 12-31-2016 at 02:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Site wouldn't let me post the link in my first post. Add a www and dot to the front of this URL:

modiparts-store.com/strut-tower-brace-lower-arm-brace-for-honda-odyssey-0913-p-456.html

Wow yeah that doesn't even look close, the international Odyssey is way different than what we have. Not sure there is anything in terms of what you're looking for. I also can't quite grasp the need for additional bracing? The strut towers are really close to the firewall, there isn't much improvement to be had there. I get bracing is helpful when the strut towers are way out on their own, but the closer they are to the firewall, the stiffer they are.

If you insist on having it, I would think AMR is the place to contact. They make some awesome parts, assuming they're still around. Being North America specific, I think we're on our own to figure out performance parts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I removed those plastic covers to facilitate a strut replacement, and like bbarbulo says, the strut towers are integrated into the firewall and the windshield footer extension (about 9" of steel that runs laterally from tower to tower).

In short, there isn't much improvement one could get with a strut brace, if any, at least none that I can see, either.

One might look at the forward parts of the unibody that run through the left & right sides of the engine bay, but those are engineered pretty well in terms of rigidity, too...they absorb the forces of a head-on crash, but otherwise perform the duties of attachment points for the front sub-frame and, IIRC, the right side motor mount. The crash bar/bumper and front sub-frame are pretty rigid in their own right, and do a pretty good job of locking it all in place.

You could place a slippage mark on the hood and front fender, drive aggressively through some corners, and I'll bet it stays in one piece.

OF
    2003 Ody EX-L RES 188k miles, OEM fogs & hitch, bbylon5 screen mod, ckonarske fog mod#2, cnn 82C t-stat mod, Tru-Cool Max, OT1 ATF tstat
    2002 Ody EX RES 197k, Ditto
    1998 Accord LX 238k, Haynes 676 ATF cooler
    1982 Ebbtide DynaTrak bass boat, 200hp Merc, DIY re-fit 2006-07: CMC jackplate, Teleflex Canada Steering, Torque-Shift 14-26 vari-pitch SS prop
    SNAPPER mower 5.5hp Honda

Hidden Content

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements