Stainless Odyssey exhuast and turbo kit! Buyers needed!
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Odyssey exhuast and turbo kit! Buyers needed!

Post Stainless Odyssey exhuast and turbo kit! Buyers needed!

not sure where to post this one, but I know Jim is interested in getting the word out...listen up all performance enthusiasts!

I'm contracting with a local turbo/exhaust shop to build and sell a full stainless steel exhaust system. This one won't be cheap as it's A. large, and B. NOT T304 stainless...this is the lighter, stronger stuff. the whole system may weigh UNDER 25lbs! I'm working out the details, but need to know if anyone is interested and will be taking deposits for the systems when we complete them. If we don't build a custom muffler as well, we'll be using Thermal R&D systems...the FINEST exhuast money can buy

THEN? after the exhaust is done, he wants to do a project...and what is this project you ask? well, i mentioned to him i'd like to turbocharge the ODY soon. he was all for it and "loves a project..." in his words. We'll be putting single and twin turbo's together for the ODY. this won't be anytime REAL soon, but should be around by year end, early next year? depending on the demand from you guys and the seriousness of inquiries.

I need to know who is interested in either of these, the exhaust the most attainable at this point, so we know what to expect and if we should go ahead with the plans.

thanks guys, look for more on this on this site, www.odyclub.com.

------------------
    Owner:
    1991 Civic Si, Intercooled turbo ZC
    2000 Odyssey LX, working on tons of mods

Any questions related to honda and your ODY? just email me! [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Talking

Keep me posted on both of these. I was thinking of the PowerDyne supercharger myself but I prefer turbo's!! David

------------------
    2001 Tafetta White EX
    2003 Starlight Silver Pilot EX-L

I am definitely interested in getting Turbo or twin Turbo for my ody !
    Honda Lagreat Carputer Project. Mobile Entertainment
    Hidden Content

Full Spec for mods check out:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

My mod list are too long to list, check the links above for more pics and mod list.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Question

So who's Odyssey will become the "Guinea Pig" for the R&D? I'm interested...but not right now.

-Nestor

sign me up!!
    but I'd be more interested in after market shocks, as mine as going bad after a year w/ the Tanabe lowering springs.
    A warning to all of you getting the H&R's.
    Your OEM shocks will not last long!!!

well, seeing as how the guy lives a few minutes from me..I suppose MINE will be the guinea pig

I am still waiting for my H&R's....I was SUPPOSED to get them shipped as soon as they hit the US shore! not sure why they aren't here yet...will have to call H&R on monday.

------------------
    Owner:

TrickedOdyssey:
    I'm interested in the stainless steel exhaust system. However, I have a few questions for you: (a) Will the pipes be mandrel bent? (b) When you said "Not T304, wouldn't this mean weaker material in the snese that it will rust.

The reason for asking question (b) was that when I was looking for a system for my Civic, the purchasing manager who handles steel purchases where I work said that a higher number (T309, T310, T316, T321, etc.) would mean less quality characteristics in terms of rusting. I believe this guy because he analyzes the chemistry of every steel that comes through our docks. For exhaust, he said minimum would be T304 or T300. T300 would probably cost more. T304 is probably the standard in exhaust system. He also said to avoid the T4xx series for exhaust purposes. Being lighter may be stronger but would not last us a long time especially with snow, salt & sand.

If you can kindly check with your contact to verify this. Thanks.
    Do I need one?

Thumbs up

Interested in the exhaust for the future.What is the pipes diameter ?
    Thanks,

------------------
    -ROB-
    '01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)
    http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK
    -Rob-
    1995 Subaru Legacy LS/1992 Mazda Miata
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Kuruma Hayai,

Actually your service manager's idea on the stainless steel is backwards as far as the 300 series goes. In other words 321 is best against corrosion (it is stabilized with titanium). The 316 offers better corrosion and pitting resistance than T-304. (I know because I work on an underwater vehicles program.) T304 costs less than the others by the way. He/she is right about the 400 series being horrible against corrosion.

Lightbulb

DMGJLG, if you do go for the Poyne, I know a guy through the Dakota R/T forum who sells them exclusively (but soon he'll sell Vortec and Kenne Bell too) and he sells them to the members of the R/T forum (me included) for about 15% less than retail. The thing is that I doubt Poyne makes a kit for a Honda, much less the Ody.

If you want to force feed the Ody, you either can see if they have anything in Japan, or have a custom unit install. Either case though it would be a lot of $$$. It would be cheaper putting a 02 engine in and adding simple bolt ons (ignition, pullys, throttle bodies, intake, exhausts, etc) or port and polish the heads. You would probably end up with similar power and much better reliability. Not to mention it'll be much cheaper if you find a wreck MDX of 02 Ody.
    Hidden Content

Our Car Enthusiasts forum: Hidden Content

Hidden Content -Please Visit

Question

I might be interested in the exhaust, depending on how it sounds. Will it have one of those fart can buuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrr like all those rice burners, or a deep mellow sound.

Or maybe I'll just put a Flowmaster 40 series on and wake everybody up every time start the Ody, hmmmmmmm.
    Hidden Content

Our Car Enthusiasts forum: Hidden Content

Hidden Content -Please Visit

Question?

Do they do any kind of internal mods to the engine when they add an aftermarket turbo or supercharger system?

My impression is that "blown" engines usually run lower base compression ratios as well as somewhat beefier con rods (and possibly pistons)when compared to their normally asperated counterparts to handle the added loads.

Just curious.....

Drive Safe,
    Steve
    Drive Safe,
    Steve R.
    '01 SS LX
    Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, air deflector, transmission cooler, remote CD player, Kelton subwoofer.

well...first off, POWERDYNE makes a supercharger for the Civic

as for the forced induction being an issue....I have a "rice burner" 91 Civic with a JDM DOHC motor (for all you domestic owners that stands for DOUBLE OVERHEAD CAM) anyway, as long as you stay under 9psi you'll be ok on the stock internals. Honda motors are build tough! Period! I wouldn't turbo a stock GM or chrysler....but a Honda I'd do in a minute...err...rather I have done!

I am putting low compression FI pistons and beefier rods in the civic this winter, so I can raise the boost...but things are going well on the stock bottom end.

------------------
    Owner:

DTKWOK:
    Thanks for the clarification. And I believed that guy. Anyway, I'll see him tomorrow and tell him he's got it the other way around in terms of the 300 series of stainless steel.
    Do I need one?

Actually, I was looking at the Poyne because it is self contained. I would only have to build the mounting bracket for it and run it low boost (6psi). That should still give me about 250hp to play with and shouldn't cost too much money. DDakRt, you mentioned pulleys and intake, do you know if the Accord V6 pulleys and intake work on the Odyssey?? I was thinking of putting those on if they fit. David

------------------
    2001 Tafetta White EX
    2003 Starlight Silver Pilot EX-L

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast