Honda Odyssey Forum banner

ODY HEADER!!!!!! I'm going for it!

19K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  TSM_Pikachu 
#1 ·
well.....I was under the van today changing the oil...looking around as to how much work pulling the exhaust down will be in the next few weeks....then I had this brilliant idea!

The accord V6 and ODY manifold are identical...but the downpipe that attaches to the cat is a bit different....different Honda part numbers.

I have a guy I know at the local TOYOTA dealer, he drives a honda and works in parts :) looking up from his sister store Honda parts the downpipe for an Accord vs. the Ody.

I'll then compare them. what i'm thinking is that the ODY and accord pipe are most likely different in length. if that's the case who cares! i'll be doing a complete "from scratch" exhaust anyway so if the lenght needs adjusting...so be it!

who has these headers? COMPTECH! I can get dealer on them and will probably bring one in to test it out....can you say 24 HP gain! :)

Reactions: Naughty Ody
#2 ·
So then there would be two version of the exhaust ? One with the Accord header and one for the stock header ?

#3 ·
not sure.

from the interest in the intakes (none), I am considering a 'one off' on the exhaust. unless I can get about 10 people interested in purchasing an intake soon...the exhaust will be started April 15th. we were going to do a 10 piece run on intakes as the exhaust work was getting done....but with NO orders so far that's not going to happen! I have no problem spending money, but spending it to just sit on the shelves is not a good idea ;)

#4 ·
I must admit headers would be pretty cool.

Love to pop the hood & see this...

Your intake would also compliment the headers in looks & performance.

I'm still not sure if I want to go this extreme yet??? Maybe after she's "broken in" I'll consider it.

#5 ·
actually you only way you'll see the headers is from underneath :)

I was looking around and noticed you really won't see much of them from the top! a shame for sure :)

oh well...it's not about the looks for me....i'll take ugly as long as it performs to the fullest.

oh, and thanks for the pic :) just from looking underneath the van yesterday, I really think these will work. and the HP gains are phenomenal!

by the way....'broken in' takes place as soon as it leaves the lot :) now get busy!

#8 ·
sgoyal said:
Sounds great, but how do all these mods effect the factory or extended warranties?

If the cost was 'reasonable' and warranty doesn't void, I would be interested.

Serv
Well that is the big question. Nobody knows and will not know until they try to get warranty work done. I think the market for Tricksters mods will increase dramatically as more Ody's pass their warranty periods but while still under warranty you'll be rolling the dice.

#9 ·
well....I don't care much. If anything major happens, I just go underneath and put the stock stuff back on. and I have connections at Honda, so might not have to do it anyway :) it helps knowing how to do this stuff in your garage :)

#10 · (Edited)
The 99-02 Accord/99-03 TL headers fit fine... but you'll have to modify the flex pipe part to mate up with the front of the cat.
I've run no-name eBay headers for about 6 years now and the main problem I have is that the header develops cracks right by the welds about every 2-3 years.
It's a pain in the rear, but I just get another set and replace as it's cheaper & faster to replace than repair.

I also had a VAFC controller in before and the service manager was trying to hassle me when it was time for them to replace my transmission under warranty, but they did it anyway.

#12 ·
No real sound difference at all... our vans are so plugged up with the factory cat and exhaust silencers that I cannot tell the difference in sound.
I rigged up a Flowmaster in there temporarily but droned too much at cruising that I couldn't stand it, so it's back to stock muffler for now.
The main difference in sound you get is from the intake mod - it sounds really wicked at WOT.

When I get under the car again in a couple of weeks, I'll snap some pics for you. My exhaust shop messed up and actually modded the front of my cat to fit the flex pipe since he thought the headers were expensive stainless steel, lol. But I recommend that you have your guy modify the rear of the flex pipe part instead of what my guy did... it would make it much easier & cheaper to return the van to stock if you ever sell it.

#15 ·
Well I did a ebay honda accord header that I took and chopped up and welded back together to fit.and also ripped off all cats ,got some o2 foulers and let me tell you. Get ready after 2500 rpm. She will surprise the **** out of you.
You will notice that 1st gear is to small and fifth to short.
She does the 160 easy but she's Rev limited.
Now she shifts so much easier, climbs hills with ease and honestly have seen no change in milage.probably less since I don't have to stomp that much in traffic.
But I tell you that this mini van is a beast.

#18 ·
Ahh yes, one more to join the crowd hahaha i gained MPG actually hahaha, we're putting almost 300hp on our van and still at 20-22mpg. lol It'l beat Chrysler T&C, Kia Sedona, Dodge caravan, G35, Civic Si, Evo 8 MR (stock or mild mod), Cadillac escalade, Yukon Denali XL and a few others. LOL!

RV6 has some nice products. You just have to match your engine with the accord, pilot or MDX if you want to buy something. I have the PCDs on my 2010. Everyone loves the sound :tongue:
Yes they do, Rich is awesome

what year of the Accord ?
Usuaully you match the year of your odyssey to comparable year of Accord, hit up Rich if you want and he can help. But I see you may be in California? If so, hit me up, we can take a look as i did this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.