My poor Ody got damaged while having the oxygen sensor replaced
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: My poor Ody got damaged while having the oxygen sensor replaced

My poor Ody got damaged while having the oxygen sensor replaced

I brought in my 07 Ody to Fletcher Jones Honda to have an oxygen sensor replaced today. When I went to pick up the car, I found that the passenger side has been slammed into pretty hard. So hard the metal is exposed. Not a good day at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My poor Ody got damaged while having the oxygen sensor replaced-img_5061.jpg  
    07 Odyssey EX-L NAV/RES
    02 Town & Country Limited (also with pwr sliding drs)
    95 Chevy Lumina (with power sliding door, yep, you read right, a 95 Chevy with a power sliding door; it was the first!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear that. I would complain & have them fix it.

So, what reason/excuse did they give you when you walked back in? Or, did you bring the car home and then noticed?
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Thats an expensive O2 sensor. Hopefully the service writer got to you before you got him/her. Looks like they might of clipped the upright driving it onto the lift.
    '07 EXL RES/NAV Baltic Blue
    '05 Toyota Prius Seaside Pearl
    '97 Nissan Maxima SE
    '94 Toyota Camry XLE, 5SFE

So how'd it turn out?

Sorry for responding so late. I only noticed it after i drove out so they initially claimed it was not their responsibility. Said I'll call the police then the manager came and said he'll fix it.

Fast forward to last month when I went in to try to sell it to CarMax, they deducted $3000 due to "frame damage" from that area. Because of this, it will be hard to trade in. Really looking forward to a '14 EXL too.
    07 Odyssey EX-L NAV/RES
    02 Town & Country Limited (also with pwr sliding drs)
    95 Chevy Lumina (with power sliding door, yep, you read right, a 95 Chevy with a power sliding door; it was the first!)

I went in to try to sell it to CarMax, they deducted $3000 due to "frame damage" from that area. Because of this, it will be hard to trade in.
    I know how you feel. I slid at very slow speed into a concrete post during a snowstorm. Damaged the bumper and crunched the front section of the unibody slightly on one side. I adamantly asked them to just pull it out but they insisted on replacing that section of the unibody. In the end, like yours, the report was frame damage. Totally sucks since the damage was seemingly very minor plus that is the only incident that I've had in all these years.
    2005 EX-L 176k mi. Sold: 12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by cdx008 View Post
    Sorry for responding so late. I only noticed it after i drove out so they initially claimed it was not their responsibility. Said I'll call the police then the manager came and said he'll fix it.

Fast forward to last month when I went in to try to sell it to CarMax, they deducted $3000 due to "frame damage" from that area. Because of this, it will be hard to trade in. Really looking forward to a '14 EXL too.
    Some thing does NOT add up. How can that be frame damage. That is not right. Repainting of panels does cause a deduction but there is no way its "frame" damage. This might be a new scam on these auto history sites.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

Quote Originally Posted by cdx008 View Post
    I brought in my 07 Ody to Fletcher Jones Honda to have an oxygen sensor replaced today. When I went to pick up the car, I found that the passenger side has been slammed into pretty hard. So hard the metal is exposed. Not a good day at all.
    Silly mechanics...
    The O2 sensor is behind the DRIVER's side fender!

Threatening to involve the police was a good idea. Did you see anything in or around the shop that could have done the damage? Like dvpatel, I, too, was skeptical about the claim of frame damage: did they show you the frame damage, or explain?

Police is a good idea, but it's still a civil matter. No crime occurred. You authorized them to use your vehicle. They wrecked it. Cops would just be able to keep the peace, that's all.

14. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements