2008 Odyssey Touring - HandsFree Link voice recognition issues
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2008 Odyssey Touring - HandsFree Link voice recognition issues

2008 Odyssey Touring - HandsFree Link voice recognition issues

Just picked up a used 2008 Odyssey Touring and, after setting up the HandsFree Link with my wife's phone, have noticed that the system absolutely will NOT recognize a name when trying to initiate a call. When I hit the button to make a call and give it the name, all I get is a "Pardon?" and then something to the effect of "it doesn't understand". I finally just gave up trying to dial by name.

Is this a normal thing that is just poorly executed on these vans? I have a 2011 Ford Flex that has no issues at all and also had a 2013 Santa Fe Sport that worked like a charm. Love the van, but a little disappointed in this "flaw".

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I have 08 touring with these options, our first time. It happened to me because I was using the button wrong. After trying it using the book directions it worked out fine. I was pressing at the wrong time or too many times. Also some names are hard to recognize due to its pronunciation. Try something simple like JJ for testing and then delete it. It might be the way you are saying it or resonance. It also happens when dialing a number... It has problems with 6, 8, etc. Took me some time to figure out "correct" way. No problems after that.
    |-2008 Ody T [email protected]/2016 VCMuzzler2; Goodyear Assurance 3Tread, (90040) TruCool LPD 4544 +Magnefine 3/8in filter; All Wheel bearings replaced; Centric rotors+Akebono pads; 4 ATF d/f; oem cargo tray; weathertech floor liners; New thermostat + ect1 sensor (89k); (93537) Airlift 1000 bags, Interior LEDs; 94600mi TB, SP, PS fluid;
    |-2001 Ody EX (sold 149k mi)
    |-2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe (232k, sold, downsizing)

I'll have to look at that. I tested it by trying to call myself, "Brian". It could figure that one out once. Tried dialing by my number using the same process (button press sequence) and it picked that up fine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

If I recall, you have to upload your address book into the van before the system will recognize any names, which was always a little buggy for me but I usually ended up getting it to work. I don't think it recognizes the names in your address book directly from your device.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black-Totaled
    2012 VW Passat-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

You are correct, but I uploaded the contacts already.

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements