08 LX climate control bulb part numbers? Plus shifter
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 08 LX climate control bulb part numbers? Plus shifter

08 LX climate control bulb part numbers? Plus shifter

Hi, I am looking for the bulb numbers for the climate control for my 08 LX. The are not in the same configuration as the EX, EX-L, or Touring. Forum search won't let me search for LX. I tried looking at a diagram of the climate controls, but they show only two total lights, which is malarkey. The centers of all the knobs light up when pressed, so those are good. The left side is knob surround lit (fan speed), but very faint. Half of the temperature knob is visible, and the rest is all dark.

Also, I just purchased my van. My shifter is lit. Just curious if there is supposed to be additional illumination on the selected gear. It shows the selected gear in the instrument cluster as expected, but there is no particular indication on the actual shifter that lights up to show selected gear. If there IS supposed to be, I need that bulb number as well.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

To get to the shift indicator bulb, you have to remove the climate control panel anyway, so do them both at once.

Here is the shift bulb

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-.../16865_0_18269

As for the climate control, my suggestion is to

remove the climate control unit panel,
    remove the bulbs you need to replace

Take the bulbs to your dealer and get replacements

You are correct about only 2 bulbs shown in the diagram

But I guess you didn't notice the "Quantity"

Looking at the diagram I see:

Bulb, Neo-Wedge (14V 0.04A) 79509-SHJ-A01
    Required: 003

Bulb B, Neo-Wedge (14V 100MA) 35851-SP1-901
    Required: 004
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08 LX climate control bulb part numbers?  Plus shifter-lx-climate-control.png   08 LX climate control bulb part numbers?  Plus shifter-climate-control-removal.jpg  

The van can be driven to the dealer without the climate control panel installed

The only switch I'd attach would be the Hazard Flasher, you never know when you might need it

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info! I didn't actually look closely at the parts list to see the quantities (or the diagram I saw didn't have it). That seems like a much more reasonable number.

Just out of curiosity, are they the same as an '04? Mine is dead (accident!) so I could potentially take the bulbs from there if they match.

Turns out the bulbs are the same as the '04, so I took them from my wrecked van. However, only one was actually burned out. The other three just weren't lighting. I cleaned the contacts and bent the bulb wires a bit, but still couldn't keep them lit. They would be on or off depending on if your tapped them. I kept one of the originals, and 3 of the '04s, and eventually managed to get 3/4 to stay lit. The 4th stays lit most of the time, but occasionally I have to lightly tap the dash to get it to light. I also had to do that in my '04, like The Fonz from Happy Days. Aaaaayyyyyyy *tap* (lights work)

The shifter light wasn't dead either. I just figured there should be an indicator that would move along with the shifter, but there doesn't seem to be except for in the actual instrument cluster.

I use the generic ones below, they are a bit dimmer so I replaced all in the climate control with them so you can't tell the difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Mike
    07 EX-L RES/NAV

Sold at 202k miles
    2000 Odyssey LX
    Trans at 82k -- Tru-cool trans cooler
    DIY Timing Belt at 104k
    Hidden Hitch & Airlift 1000's

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements