parking sensors keep beeping while driving
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: parking sensors keep beeping while driving

parking sensors keep beeping while driving

We've had A LOT of rain recently....no where close to flooding, but just a lot of rain...everyday...

When I'm driving my 2010 touring during the day (when it has stopped raining)...the parking sensors beep.

I have taken a clean tissue and rubbed/cleaned each of those 'dots' in the bumpers.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I once had bug guts cause one of the sensors to act up. Rain should not be an issue. Make sure they are clean including the ring around the perimeter. If still acting up may need a scan tool to go much into detail.

Need some insight into these parking sensors...

are they plastic or metal? Reason I ask, is because they look like little painted dots on my bumper....I've gone to wipe them and some of them have the paint removed.

The front passenger side is the one that shows up on display, and then NOW it has started displaying "check parking sensor system" and all the sensors are lit in that image.

The thing with that front passenger sensor is that it has NO paint left on it anymore and it looks like it is bare metal with a spec of rust.

Any way I can just put a coating on there? or do I have to change out the whole sensor?

has anybody changed the sensor before?

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

so what I thought was a spec of rust...is an actual piece of my paint...

do you think if i scraped it off that it would make a difference?

parking sensors keep beeping while driving-thumbnail_20190516_130657.jpg

They are an ultrasonic transducer. The crusty look of your sensor looks like salt or corrosion has eaten it up. You can try removing the connector on the backside and making sure the electrical connections are ok. If the connection looks ok then you likely need a new sensor. They are held into the bumper by a plastic piece that inserts into the bumper cover and snaps around the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements