2007 Odyssey Transmission fluid change
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2007 Odyssey Transmission fluid change

2007 Odyssey Transmission fluid change

I need to change my transmission fluid (2007 odyssey). Never done it before on this model or year. Where is the drain plug or do I need to disconnect a return line? Does this need a filter? If it has a darin plug does the washer need replaced like other models? Also any diagrams out there of the tranny that may make my life easier. Picture is worth a thousand words? Any help is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    33 pages of posts....over 450 replies will answer your every question....and pictures to boot:

https://www.odyclub.com/forums/showth...hange+pictures

Amazing what a search can find????

does anyone know of an easy way to put this into a single file - ie, PDF or something to make it easier to look at?
    2007 Slate Green Metallic Odyssey Touring R&N
    2010 Slate Metallic Tundra CrewMax

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Originally posted by planomateo
    does anyone know of an easy way to put this into a single file - ie, PDF or something to make it easier to look at?
    If you create the writeup pix and all in any format (Word comes to mind), you can then use CutePDF to get it into a PDF. I can host if for you if you give me a PDF as PDFs cannot be uploaded to the forums.

When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content

so the answer is there is no easy way...i figured as much.

I never understood why someone would go thru the hassle of creating 33 pages of forum instructions when they could put them into a single file.

Granted, its cool that they took the time to do it, just seems like a single file/page would be easier for everyone...but that is my opinion.

Originally posted by planomateo
    so the answer is there is no easy way...i figured as much.

I never understood why someone would go thru the hassle of creating 33 pages of forum instructions when they could put them into a single file.

Granted, its cool that they took the time to do it, just seems like a single file/page would be easier for everyone...but that is my opinion.
    True. But not every one is tech savy and not every one even in IT knows about the free cutePDF print-to-pdf software. So, they do the next best thing which is to post the instructions. They are hindered by the fact that one can only have so many attachments a post so instructions wind up being long and in multiple posts and if the user uses attachments, then folks would have to click on the attachment links to see the pix.

Hosting a PDF too is an issue. Not everyone can just slap a PDF anywhere and link it online either.

Another way is to create a web page with the instructions but in that case too, hosting is an issue.

When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

yeah, true.

if they have the patience to post 100 photos, then I would expect them to be able to do PDF's or fancy word doc's.

In reply to my own question here is a link that shows a picture of a 2007 ody transmission. You would think that there was no filter because it is not shown. Then you go to this link and it shows one. I looked under my ody and I cannot see it. I'm going to take off teh splash panle and see if I can locate it. It is housed according to the diagram. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...IPE+%28+07-%29

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ASE+%28+07-%29
    Last edited by jarhead; 04-04-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Originally posted by jarhead
    Amzaing what a serach can do so you get the correct info vice some CRAP.

Alas.

If only you had realized the unharnessed power of the SEARCH before posting. Perhaps it would have helped you NOT have to put up with all the CRAP out here.

12. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements