Switch to dual zone hvac
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Switch to dual zone hvac

Switch to dual zone hvac

Hey guys, just found this forum as I'm researching info. about odysseys before purchasing. I see that the LX models are MUCH cheaper in my area than even an EX with cloth. Looking at the differences the only snag is that the LX doesn't have dual zone, my wife normally keeps her side about 10 degrees warmer than me so this small difference could still mean that I have to by an EX, however I figured I would post here first to see if a swap to dual zone is even feasible.

Has anyone tried it or does anyone know?

TIA

Robert

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

With Money, all things are possible. I've never noticed (mainly because I haven't shopped LX or EX) that there is a rather expensive delta between LX and EX. I realize the EX has quite a few features but ~$3,000 will buy a lot of features in the non-luxury class.

But to answer your question, I've not seen it done. Things are not easily exchangeable in Hondas.

In addition, I give the auto climate a big thumbs down anyway. It does a lousy job keeping the temps separate and half the time I run the thing in manual mode.
    '12 MDX
    '05 EX-L R&N (gone)
    '08 Pathfinder
    '10 Camaro

Hello Robert,

You may want to keep in mind that prior to dual zone controls, temperatures could be adjusted by adjusting the vent flow and direction...

Tom

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Originally posted by SilverFoxCPF
    Hello Robert,

You may want to keep in mind that prior to dual zone controls, temperatures could be adjusted by adjusting the vent flow and direction...

Tom
    LOL, yeah I know, but she is skinny and I'm not, I guess my additional "insulation" tends to keep me a good bit warmer than her. I did talk her into an LX today. In our area the same money buys an LX with 25-30k miles, an EX with 50-60k miles, and an EXL or Touring in the 75-100k mile range so for us the LX makes the most sense. There is also a local trim shop that does leather installs for local dealers, they did a great job on a Tundra I bought several years ago and then my Dad's 4runner after that. For all 3 rows in the Odyssey, door panel inserts and all for $1300 installed so we'll do that and through some husky liner mats in it so the messes are easier to clean up and we'll be ready to go. Thanks for the info.

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements