2011 Tail light (inner light; on gate)
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2011 Tail light (inner light; on gate)

2011 Tail light (inner light; on gate)

The passenger side taillight on my back gate (I guess it is considered the Inner passenger side tail light) has a large crack in it. I have a replacement on the way but I am not sure how to remove the old one. I did a search and didn't find much as far as a 2011 goes. It looks like you have to remove some trim etc, but I am not sure what I need to do... Any info, tips, hints, tricks on how to remove that tail light and replace it? Thanks so much for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

follow the pictures in this message on how to remove the interior trim in order to access the nuts for the light
    https://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-201...garnish-2.html

you might have to remove that outer center lens piece first before removing your cracked inner light lens.
    11 Odyssey Touring - Celestial Blue Metallic
    14 Sierra 1500 4x4 crew cab

Thanks SteveV, that is very helpful. It looks like all of that trim just pops on and off, seems pretty easy. Hopefully it comes off and goes back on as easy as it looks like it does. Once that trim is off I assume it is just a matter of unplugging the electrical connectors and unscrewing the tail light from the back gate?

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Yep, that's about it. I had this trim off myself recently, it does just pop off and pop right back on. Just take your time.

I replaced the inner taillght today. It went pretty smooth. The only concern had was about the plastic pin/retainer clip on the taillight. The taillight has a small plastic tab that slides in on one end along with 2 screws/nuts on the other end. In the middle there are 2 more screws/nuts and then a plastic tab or clip similar to the clips holding the trim on. I could not get that clip on the taillight to pop on. I tried pushing and maneuvering it but I never heard a good pop to tell that it was on. All of the other screws are snug so I figure that would be fine but I didn't know how important it was to make sure that clip popped into place...and if it is imprtant how can I go about making it pop into place? Thanks!

not sure what you mean without seeing a picture of it. But if you got all the nuts back on tight, then you should be set.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. On the light there are 4 screws and nuts that hold the light to the tailgate (I have those on just fine). Then there is one plastic clip/retainer on the light that pops into the tailgate. It is similar to the white plastic retainer clips that pop into the tailgate to hold the trim panels on. I could not get that singular clip/retainer on the light to pop into the tailgate. I wasn't sure if that would be a concern or not.

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements