Turn signal affects wipers... wipers affect turn signal...?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Turn signal affects wipers... wipers affect turn signal...?

Question Turn signal affects wipers... wipers affect turn signal...?

Brand new Honda Odyssey (2015 EX-L)

I have a very strange issue, that's intermittent. Sometimes when I use my right turn signal, the wind shield wiper goes on (and no it's not raining).
    And then when it was raining, having the wipers on caused my right turn signal to go on - weird.

Of course I took it to dealer and it wasn't experiencing the issue.

I have no clue where to start understanding this issue. Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
    -- Mitchman

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Z32
    Can't be fuse related... doubt a short neither... wonder if it's the switch that's causing the intermittent issue.

The strange thing being that the turn signal is controlled by the left stalk and the wiper is controlled by the right. Perhaps some sort of insulation compromisation between the turn signal and wiper wiring (do they even share the same bundle or otherwise come into close proximity at any point?)

Of course, the problem couldn't be reproduced at the dealer!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by waynep View Post
    Perhaps some sort of insulation compromisation between the turn signal and wiper wiring (do they even share the same bundle or otherwise come into close proximity at any point?)
    That seems a likely cause, although I'd suspect the connectors before the wiring itself (brand new wires are unlikely to have bad insulation unless something melted it). If you can find (or have the dealer find) where that wiring connects, you could try unplugging and blowing some air into the connectors. Check that they are correctly assembled. Also try to observe if there's something in common between the times it happens (eg. usually over a bump, when turning, etc) that might make it easier to reproduce.

I hope you find whatever it is. That kind of issue can be both very frustrating and very hard to track down.

Thanks for the quick feedback, I'll update this thread (hopefully with a solution) as soon as I can.

-- Mitchman

That seems a likely cause, although I'd suspect the connectors before the wiring itself (brand new wires are unlikely to have bad insulation unless something melted it).
    ... or the bundle was damaged during assembly, transit, prep, etc.
    2015 Touring, diamond white pearl/biege

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements