Ready to switch to Amsoil for Transmission fluid - what kind to buy?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Ready to switch to Amsoil for Transmission fluid - what kind to buy?

Ready to switch to Amsoil for Transmission fluid - what kind to buy?

After reading on here, I'm ready to change the transmission fluid to Amsoil but I'm not sure what model to try.

ATF? ATL?
    OTF? OTL?

I know that ATL/OTL are low viscosity, but I'm not sure what benefit that would really have for me. I'm also not quite sure what the difference between ATF and OTF actually would be.

Please help me choose a good fluid for my 2011 Odyssey.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

The fuel-efficient Amsoil ATF's (ATL and OTL) are closer in terms of viscosity (i.e. lower) to the Honda DW-1 that came in your 2011 from the factory.

Of those two, the Signature Series (ATL) is of higher quality than the OE (OTL) and so will last longer.

Even though Signature Series is more expensive, you may as well get the best. The Odyssey's transmission demands a lot of the ATF in it.

Dave
    2002 Odyssey EX Fern (Granite) Green
    Honda hood protector, stainless steel flex brake lines, Honda block heater, AC condenser screen, Zymol wax
    151,000 miles/243,000 kilometres; original transmission; Amsoil MV ATF since 79,000 miles/127,000 kilometres; Magnefine aux ATF filter; Honda aux ATF cooler; 19 drain and fills

I did the Amsoil switch and it definitely helped a lot. Shifts are much smoother and quieter now. Going to do it again before we go away this summer.
    - Chris

2011 Odyssey Touring
    2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
    1995 VW Cabrio 5spd

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements