NavTool CarPlay on Touring Elite 2015
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NavTool CarPlay on Touring Elite 2015

NavTool CarPlay on Touring Elite 2015

Hi,
    Anyone have install the navtool carplay kit using the HAGRY connector for the Odyssey 2015 ?
    I have a touring elite with the Navigation and i want to know if it will work.
    Is it REAL CARPLAY (not mirorring HDMI out from iphone) ?
    I was also wondering how the navtool interface with the display, controlling the display, switching from NAV to NAVTool video input and how carplay siri take the voice? is there an aditional mic?
    What about navtool control? it comes with a cursor device?
    Thanks for you support!
    JP

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I'm curious if you ever learned more about NavTool. I'm curious, too.

Curious as well

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by coollink View Post
    Hi,
    Anyone have install the navtool carplay kit using the HAGRY connector for the Odyssey 2015 ?
    I have a touring elite with the Navigation and i want to know if it will work.
    Is it REAL CARPLAY (not mirorring HDMI out from iphone) ?
    I was also wondering how the navtool interface with the display, controlling the display, switching from NAV to NAVTool video input and how carplay siri take the voice? is there an aditional mic?
    What about navtool control? it comes with a cursor device?
    Thanks for you support!
    JP
    I have navtool installed in my 2015 Honda Odyssey Elite with navigation and added 3 cameras to the van. One in the front, 1 on the right side mirror and 3rd on the left side mirror. I have wireless module installed as well. (Bought from them for $100) so i can connect my Samsung Note 8 Android phone wireless. Honestly I haven't tried Apple Devices yet to it.

It was a simple but complicated installation. Professional installer can install it easily.

Connecting to navtool is simple. Press and HOLD Back button and Navtool menu will open up.
    On Android phone, click on Smartview and then connect to HOTSPOT
    few seconds later phone will mirror on the nav screen. (Not the audio Screen)
    Using your center ROUND button the dashboard, one can control the Navtool menu and switch different inputs.
    Navtool doesn't transmit audio at all. You have to connect your phone to AUX input using wire, or if your installer is smart, he can bypass the Aux input of the van to the navtool. so u don't need to connect aux cable. instead switch audio to Aux and wirelessly audio will stream to the van speakers.

No Additional Mic
    Doesn't come with the CURSOR device. Built in Center Big Round button of the van controls everything.

I have been using it for almost a year.
    Front camera works when you start driving slowly, once you pick up the speed, front camera will disappear.
    Right and Left indicator camera will come on when you use indicator.

Tech support of Navtool is bit slow and cumbersome. Difficult to get the answer from them. Navtool seems like Operated by ONLY ONE person. Weather you wanna order, need tech support, only one person answers, emails, chats.

You have to be super nice to him in order to resolve your question.

Youtube, Waze, google, and everything else works like a magic.

I will try with IOS device when i get a hold of Apple phone or device.
    Last edited by BpMia; 11-30-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BpMia View Post
    I have navtool installed in my 2015 Honda Odyssey Elite with navigation and added 3 cameras to the van. One in the front, 1 on the right side mirror and 3rd on the left side mirror. I have wireless module installed as well. (Bought from them for $100) so i can connect my Samsung Note 8 Android phone wireless. Honestly I haven't tried Apple Devices yet to it.

It was a simple but complicated installation. Professional installer can install it easily.

Connecting to navtool is simple. Press and HOLD Back button and Navtool menu will open up.
    On Android phone, click on Smartview and then connect to HOTSPOT
    few seconds later phone will mirror on the nav screen. (Not the audio Screen)
    Using your center ROUND button the dashboard, one can control the Navtool menu and switch different inputs.
    Navtool doesn't transmit audio at all. You have to connect your phone to AUX input using wire, or if your installer is smart, he can bypass the Aux input of the van to the navtool. so u don't need to connect aux cable. instead switch audio to Aux and wirelessly audio will stream to the van speakers.

No Additional Mic
    Doesn't come with the CURSOR device. Built in Center Big Round button of the van controls everything.

I have been using it for almost a year.
    Front camera works when you start driving slowly, once you pick up the speed, front camera will disappear.
    Right and Left indicator camera will come on when you use indicator.

Tech support of Navtool is bit slow and cumbersome. Difficult to get the answer from them. Navtool seems like Operated by ONLY ONE person. Weather you wanna order, need tech support, only one person answers, emails, chats.

You have to be super nice to him in order to resolve your question.

Youtube, Waze, google, and everything else works like a magic.

I will try with IOS device when i get a hold of Apple phone or device.
    Pics? Video?

Give me some time, i will do video. Anything particular you wanna see in the video???
    Last edited by BpMia; 12-11-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Yes. Please include how the phone hooks up especially in regard to audio output. Also I'd like to see how you access car play from the head unit controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by BpMia View Post
    Give me some time, i will do video. Anything particular you wanna see in the video???

I believe that all of us would like to, still waiting to obtain some of those pictures and video of how this product is working for you!

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by perryg View Post
    okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    perryg, if you are not a bot, please reply with a few sentences. OK?

I also installed the NavTool Carplay/Android Auto Module and as the OP states, it's simple but complicated . The installation video that the NavTool guy sent me (will post link in reply) was for the Acura MDX but apparently the same system is used in the Gen 4.5 Ody's and it was pretty straightforward. This is actually an RMA replacement for their original offering (which sucked) but it's now an awesome device. It supports both Carplay and Android Auto out of the box and you use your rotary control to do everything. It doesn't appear to support the channel up/down control on the steering wheel, however. The built-in reverse and blindspot cameras still work automatically with caveats. Below is a cobbled together video tour of the device. Don't judge my mad production skills.
    Last edited by mentalbob; 03-21-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Install video from NavTool:

Quote Originally Posted by mentalbob View Post
    I also installed the NavTool Carplay/Android Auto Module and as the OP states, it's simple but complicated . The installation video that the NavTool guy sent me (will post link in reply) was for the Acura MDX but apparently the same system is used in the Gen 4.5 Ody's and it was pretty straightforward. This is actually an RMA replacement for their original offering (which sucked) but it's now an awesome device. It supports both Carplay and Android Auto out of the box and you use your rotary control to do everything. It doesn't appear to support the channel up/down control on the steering wheel, however. The built-in reverse and blindspot cameras still work automatically with caveats. Below is a cobbled together video tour of the device. Don't judge my mad production skills.
    That is awesome! Thanks so much for going out of your way to do that. Question: Does it charge while plugged in?

It does!

Quote Originally Posted by mentalbob View Post
    It does!
    Thanks!

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast