I just spent a long time looking through all of the issues from years past surrounding sliding doors. Mine appears to be a bit different and as usual the dealer won't investigate unless they can replicate.
So far, without rhyme or reason, my sliding doors and liftgate will intermittently refuse to operate in powered mode. Sometimes I'll open them and they won't close; sometimes they're closed and they won't open.
- When this occurs, neither the keyfob, the dash button, the door handle, nor the buttons in the second row will work.
- This *always* affects both doors and tailgate at the same time. It's never one independent of another.
- Sliding the toggle on the dash from 'on' to 'off' to 'on' for the doors used to work but hasn't been the magic ticket for probably a year now.
- What *does* work, is if I manually open and close the door - afterwards, that door now responds to all of the buttons. However, the other doors won't respond until I also manually reset them.
- Alternatively, sometimes I'll just let it sit for a few minutes and come back - magically it starts working again.
- Most of the time, after manually resetting the doors, the clock on the dash has reset itself as if the battery was disconnected.
- This is happening more and more - probably 3-5 times per week now. It started with once a month.
- Today, and a few other times in the past, when this occurs the ignition also fails to respond. I can't get it in ACC mode or to cycle on at all, there's zero response to pressing the start/stop button. Radio buttons won't function. No power whatsoever.
- Additionally, the power lock/unlock won't work from the keyfob or the buttons on the door.
- This occurs in hot, cold, mild temperatures - no trend there.
The dealer did a battery stress test and that turned up fine. Otherwise, they won't touch it without replication.
It's irrational, but I'm at the point where it's too much of a nuisance to deal with anymore. If I can't get this to start working reliably I'm ready to dump it with only 30k miles on it. Help is much appreciated!