Is there and aftermarket Lanewatch for 2011-2013
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Is there and aftermarket Lanewatch for 2011-2013

Is there and aftermarket Lanewatch for 2011-2013

Hi everybody. This is my first post and I'm diving right in!

I've searched and couldn't find anyone talking about an aftermarket version of lanewatch (neither in the affirmative or negatory). We're going to be buying an EXL or higher this month - still looking for the right one. We had decided on 2014 or newer just for side camera (lanewatch), but that got me to wondering if we could save some money with a 2011-2013 by adding lanewatch myself.

Has anyone done this? Is it difficult? How expensive is it?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I know you ask for Lanewatch. Perhaps blind spot monitoring instead?

That was the reason why I got the Touring Elite model.

IMO, blind spot monitoring works better. It sees when you don't see it.

Now the tech is cheap. Any good stereo shop can install it.

Good point about blind spot monitoring. The Acura we just bought has this. I really like it, especially with the audible warning turned off. There's just a little light on each door with an outline of a two cars in the blind spot. The blind spot, to those that don't know, is when a vehicle to your side leaves your rear view mirror and before it shows up in your side mirror.
    From what I understand, Honda at least is getting away from having the camera on the side mirror. What was happening is folks would look at it and take their eyes off the road ahead.
    So you have to go all the way to an Elite to get that? darn! The new Acura is my wife's. I still need to replace my van.

Does the Elite have rear cross traffic monitoring? I really like that as well. It signals when a car is coming even before it shows on the back up camera.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

For 14-17, yes, you have to get the (Touring) Elite to get blind spot monitor. The (regular) Touring have the Lane Watch. That was the reason why we paid more for the Elite.

Someone (here?) said this to me. If this technology saves you from body work, just one time, then it's worth paying for it. That state convinced me, so I'm passing it on.

It does not have Cross Traffic alert.

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements