Use your warranty as often as possible
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Use your warranty as often as possible

Use your warranty as often as possible

I have a $100 deductible on my van, and I have had probably $7000.00 + worth of work done for a few hundred bucks. I just got both front axes, and rear spring seats replaced, and she is riding good as new.
    My service rep is awesome. They hear stuff on the mechanic test drive I don't. Sometimes they will even hold the van to make multiple repairs under one deductible, and they will give me loner car for a few days. I love my dealership service dept.
    'Arrive Alive' Don't text and drive!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

This is a "one is a million" type of case.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    This is a "one is a million" type of case.
    Yep. It's not like they sell the warranty for $1,500 so they can do $7K worth of work on every one. The extended warranty proposition is simple. The warranty sell price is based on average expected repairs paid per vehicle over the course of 10's of thousands of cars with profit built in on top of that average. Whether you buy the warranty or not you are making a bet. If you buy it you are betting your car will be worse than average and if you pass you are betting it will be better than average. I've done it both ways and so far have always been right, but even that is a crap shoot lol.
    30 year career of car sales and related industry - Part Time Detailer
    2006 EX-L Slate Green Metallic - Purchased new Dec 2005, totaled May 2013 at 166K
    2007 EX-L NAV RES Slate Green Metallic - purchased May 2013 with 113K now 200K+

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

You're lucky, like mention above, its just one and most of them are stealers, selling things that they can't stand for.

They replaced both my front axles under the extended warranty as well for a slight leak that could have been repaired with that $10 seal they replaced at the same time. They got their warranty money though....... Seems some dealers like to use the warranty to keep their shop busy.

DD.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian3 View Post
    Seems some dealers like to use the warranty to keep their shop busy.
    Yep, this is probably it. The dealership still gets paid by Honda when they do warranty work. If they don't have enough regular work coming in they will take on more warranty work.

It's usually the other way around though, where they have enough (more profitable) non warranty work coming in that they deny as much warranty work as possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD. View Post
    Yep, this is probably it. The dealership still gets paid by Honda when they do warranty work. If they don't have enough regular work coming in they will take on more warranty work.

It's usually the other way around though, where they have enough (more profitable) non warranty work coming in that they deny as much warranty work as possible.
    I'll guess this is the case, too.

And in general, be wary of dealers that are eager for some extra business, as happened to me:
    https://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-20...y-cv-boot.html
    2011 Odyssey LX, 106k miles
    1999 Odyssey EX, 234k miles, original owner

10. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements