Stalled
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Stalled

Stalled

Hello Ody Family

Yesterday Out Of The Blue,..My Van Just Stalled. But Today The Van Is Ok Once It's Warmed Up

Prior To The Van Stalling,...The Idle Was A Little Rough And Then Stalled,...But Started Right Back Up..I Had The A/C On, Headlights On, And The DVD On,...Also It Was Damp And

Rainy???

I'm Thinking It Might Be The Idle Sensor??

Any Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Year, Model, current miles?

In older generations there was a common issue with idle air control valves. Not a design issue, but just a bad batch.
    The classic symptom was stumbling and dying when coming to a stop. Could also happen when going real slow, like in a parking lot.
    Those more mechanically inclined, that know this particular generations control components, will have to chime in with specifics.
    But I will say this: this might be a one off, it might happen again right away or again next year. Gonna be hard to pin down.

Did you run out of gas??

Could be a million different things; radiator fan not working, coolant overheated, etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

2011 Ody EX-L 114,000, and no I have 3/4 tank left, today the van is fine,..I did noticed when the a/c kicks in the idle dips a bit and then back to normal, but at

N.O.T. , The van ran fine

I think the idle dip when the compressor kicks in is a clue. There is something that adjusts the idle when the compressor kicks on, but I don't know what it is in your generation.

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements