Hi. I recently bought a used 2014 EX-L with 53k miles on it.
As of now the engine and everything seem fine. I've read a lot of threads about the VCM killing engines and mounts. I've got a lot of stuff jumbled in my head and could use some straightening out.
I have a few questions before I pull the trigger:
1. Has anyone had any negative things happen because of this (I'd seen concerns over different things, but nothing bad actually reported other than slightly worse gas mileage)
2. I read that for the model year 2014 and newer they changed the piston rings. Is disabling the VCM necessary on a 2014?
3. Are there certain serial numbers of engines that are better than others? How do I check?
4. Has there been any kind of an extension to the class action lawsuit for the 2013s and older since they basically kept the engine the same?
5. Are there any reasons I may be missing to not install a muzzler?
6. Which one should I use? I know the person that sells VCMuzzler is here on the forum, but are there any others that I should look at?
Other than the VCM and timing belt at 100k is there any other maintenance that I need to be sure to not miss doing? Obviously oil/brake/etc changes.