Help with BMW rims on my 2015 Odyssey
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Help with BMW rims on my 2015 Odyssey

Help with BMW rims on my 2015 Odyssey

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Odyssey and attempted to put 2001 BMW rims but they are hitting on the front calipers. My thought is to by some wheel spacers but if anyone can help me out with this and let me know what I need, I'd be most grateful. the pictures attached are a picture of my odyssey with the bmw rims on the front. The other 2 pictures are the specs of the bmw rims and the oem odyssey rims. Please help. Appreciate you all.

Help with BMW rims on my 2015 Odyssey-bmw-rims-odyssey.jpgHelp with BMW rims on my 2015 Odyssey-odyssey-specs.pngHelp with BMW rims on my 2015 Odyssey-bmw-specs.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Depends where they are hitting. If they interfere axially (with the face of the calipers), then maybe spacers could help. Without being there in person, it's hard to say how much spacer you'd need. I see those BMW wheels are +20mm offset, and the stock Ody's are +50mm, so you're already 30mm out of spec there. Adding more negative offset with spacers is going to start affecting your wheel bearing life, and probably the handling too. Others could comment on how sensitive/durable the wheel bearings are.

Another thing to keep in mind is wheel nut engagement. In the 0-15mm spacer range, extended-length wheel studs are often required to keep an adequate number of threads engaged in the nut. Thicker spacers (15mm+) often come with a secondary set of bolts installed.

If they are interfering radially, there's not much to be done. The internal diameter of the wheel is what it is.

From the part number and my handy-dandy BMW wheel database, it looks like they're a "Style 5" from an E39 5-series. They may be slightly undersized for the weight of the Ody.

I'm running style 130's (17x7, +40) from a 2003 E53 X5 on my 2016 with no clearance issues.
    Last edited by benjayman227; Yesterday at 02:35 PM.

From what I remember, they hit on they hit on the outer side of the caliper. The inner back of the rim is against the front caliper outer part. I know the back will clear fine because the calipers are smaller. I'll try putting them on again and take pictures and post them for you and anyone else to see if I can use them. I really hope I can or maybe that's why I've never seen any ody pics with them on. but thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Kepi0ne; Yesterday at 03:46 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

IMHO try a different set of wheels if they don't fit. Don't bother with spacers or whatever. Lots of other BMW and other OEM wheels that will fit the odyssey.

7. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements